Dean Ambrose-The Thought That Counts

Pairing: Dean Ambrose x Fem!Reader

Warnings: Fluff!

Word Count: 1,257

Summary: It's you and Dean's anniversary, but instead of you cooking, Dean tries to and let's just say it doesn't go as planned.

A/N: I didn't know who to write this for, but when I thought about the summary it screamed Dean to me.  Btw, hope y'all enjoyed WrestleMania! Anyways, Hope You Enjoy!

⋆——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

You were so excited.

Tonight marks the night of you and Dean's 3rd anniversary of being together and you've planned out everything the week prior.

Your plan was to call off work on this very special day, get a small gift for Dean, and then cook him his favorite meal, but that plan soon got thrown out the window when Dean woke you up with kisses to your face, telling you what he was gonna do for this day.

"I'm gonna cook you the best meal you'll ever have tonight." Dean whispered in your ear as he snuggled you closer to him.

You wanted to protest and argue that you'll be the one cooking, but as you laid there in his warmth, the thought came to you.

Dean's never cooked a decent meal for you, especially on your anniversary. Usually, he otps for takeout or meals cooked by his friends, but never by himself.

You smiled and snuggled up into him. "Okay, I'll keep you up on that." You said with a smile.

Now that you and Dean have had 2 anniversaries together you don't need to keep much a secret on what you're doing, but he is keeping it a secret on what he's cooking and what he's getting you.

So with that, you decided to go out with a friend and wait until the time you have to go back home to see what Dean has done for you.

-

"So what do you think Dean's getting you for the big 3 year anniversary?" Your friend asked as she took a sip of her smoothie.

That question made you shrug your shoulders. "I don't know? Last year he got me a purse that was almost over $400 and then the year before that he got me this beautiful matching necklace and bracelet set, so I don't know what he can get to top those two gifts off."

Dean has been an amazing boyfriend to you and he makes sure to show it by showering you with gifts. With you not being a wrestler, and making nowhere near the amount of money he does in a month, he loves to buy you many of your favorite things no matter the price.

"Well, we'll see about it tonight!" She said. You looked down at the time seeing it was 6:46. Normally anniversary dinner is at 7:00 for you both. After making that a rule on your first anniversary, you've just gone with it.

"Well, imma get going. Gonna go change and see my man." You and your friend said your goodbyes before you left off to change into a dress you heard Dean say would look pretty on you.

Even though that was 3 months ago, you remembered it and bought it for this special occasion.

You drove all the way home excited, mouth watered up for some cooking from Dean, and then maybe getting to eat something else afterwards.

You pulled into the garage, practically hopping out the car and running to the door.

Yeah, this is different from any other anniversary, but you and Dean decided to do something different this year instead of your traditional, 'going out to eat at a fancy restaurant.'

You knocked on the door and Dean opened it. You gave him a big smile, but when you looked at his face, it was full of sadness.

"What? What's wrong?" You asked him with a frown, and then you saw black smoke from behind him. Without thinking, you pushed him aside, rushing into the kitchen.

"Dean, what the hell happened?!" You yelled, rushing and opening the window. Black smoke was everywhere, filling up the kitchen and there were pots and pans full of nothing, but black.

And the bottom of the pots are red.

You couldn't even tell what was in it until you attempted to stir it around, but even that was hard considering whatever was in there was stuck to the bottom of the pan.

"Ambrose, you better start telling me right now what happened. You could've burned the house down!" You were yelling and sort of weren't mad at that.

It smelt so burnt in the kitchen and Dean was just standing there looking lost. "I-I'm sorry." He apologized, holding his head down.

You let out a sigh seeing how upset he looked. "Dean..." You trailed off, walking closer to him. You felt like a Mom trying to comfort her kid after yelling at them. "Dean, I'm sorry for yelling at you. This is just all so surprising." You admitted, looking around.

Dean let out a dry chuckle, nodding his head. "Yeah, I could say that too." He agreed. You looked at him curiously. "What happened?" You only asked once and that's when he spilled the beans.

"Okay, I'll tell you, but promise me you won't laugh." You playfully rolled your eyes. "I pinky promise. Now tell me!" Dean took a deep breath, rubbing his hands up and down his pants.

"I put the food in the oven and while it was cooking I decided to go shave because, y'know? It's our anniversary night. So I was shaving down there and the electric razor nipped my balls and I started freaking out because it was bleeding a little, so without thinking about the food, I put some shorts on and rushed to the ER. I was only there for like 15 minutes and then I remembered that I had food in the oven, so I drove all the way back here and then the food was burnt. I tried fixing it by putting it back in, but it didn't work. It only made it worse."

You didn't say anything after hearing his story, mouth hung open. What was there to say? This man just told you he cut his balls and rushed to the ER with food in the oven.

"Dean, how could you be so, so-" You didn't finish your sentence, not knowing what to say. You've never met anyone so dumb like this. "Look, it's our anniversary and I-"

Dean cut you off mid sentence.

"Wait, is that the dress I said you would look good in like 3-4 months ago?" You instantly smiled, playing with the dress. "Yeah, I bought it for this and- wait, you can't change the subject like that!" You playfully scolded him, a laugh coming from him.

"Anyways, forget about it. Let's just see if anything here is edible." You said, getting up and going to the pots and pans on the stove. You used a nearby spoon and scraped at nothing, but black food.

"Can we eat it?" Dean asked from behind you, still sitting at the table. You worryingly turned towards him with an unsure look. "Uh, I don't know about eating it."

Dean huffed, shaking his head. "I'm so sorry I ruined dinner." You put the spoon down and walked back to him, rubbing his shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. At least you tried to cook. What do they say? It's the thought that counts." You reassured him, smiling.

Your eyes suddenly changed from gentle to slurry. "But I do know what we can eat." You said, hand trailing down to his shorts.

Dean's eyes grew wide and a smile came to his face.

In a quick second, you were swept off your feet, Dean kissing your lips. "We can order takeout later. And be gentle on my left ball."

That night you two had the best anniversary of your lives and it wasn't because of the food.