Cody Rhodes-Special Night

Pairing: Cody Rhodes x Fem!Reader

Warnings: Fluff!

Word Count: 1,123

Summary: It's WrestleMania night and after a small pep talk before his match he goes out and wins, but he doesn't finish his story until he pops the big question.

A/N: I got some people who asked me to write for Cody after winning the belt at WrestleMania, so here it is. Hope You Enjoy!

⋆——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

April 7, 2024 marked WrestleMania night 2 which meant the match all waited for was to come.

Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes.

Everyone's eager to see Cody finish his story, but some don't want to see him win and want Roman to continue his long streak.

You could tell this match was eating him up.

Throughout the whole show, seeing Damian cash-in his briefcase to win Drew's title, and Sami beating Gunther for the Intercontinental title, Cody was pacing in circles and back and forth around the locker room.

He was thinking about strategies to win and how he would react when Solo or Jimmy came down to the ring to help their Tribal Chief, but little did you know, that wasn't the only thing he was stressing about.

You gave three sharp knocks on the door before opening up with a bottle of water in your hand. "Baby? You doing okay?" You asked him, walking over to his form.

Your hands ran across his shoulder, massaging his tense muscles. Cody groaned slightly, nodding his head. "Yeah, just thinking about everything. I really wanna finish this story."

You smiled at him, turning him around so he could look at you. "You will, and if you don't then maybe next time. I know you're not gonna give up." Cody nodded his head, knowing you were 100% right.

"You're right, but this is my 3rd attempt at trying to beat Roman. Don't you think maybe I should stop and go for someone lower like Damian or Sami?"

Your eyebrows furrowed as you slapped his chest. "Cody Rhodes, don't you ever say that! You're worth it enough to go and be able to fight Roman Reigns for his title. Triple H chose you for a reason, the fans chose you for a reason, I'm with you for a reason. I'm your girlfriend and I'll always be here for you, no matter if you win or lose tonight."

Your mini speech brought a smile to Cody's face as he pulled you in for a hug. He placed kisses to the nape of your neck. "Thank you for believing in me. You don't know how much your words mean to me." You smiled, pulling back and kissing his lips.

The sweet moment was interrupted when a couple of knocks came to the door. Cody walked to the door and opened it. "You're on in 5." A staff member informed him.

He nodded his head and looked back at you. You gave him a little thumbs up and ushered him out near the entrance.

You sat backstage hoping and praying that he'll win if not come close.

-

The match was good, real good, but when Cody got that 3 count, you could hear yelling all the way in the catering. The fans were just as loud as you, jumping and yelling in joy.

"HE'S DONE IT, CODY HAD FINISHED HIS STORY!" Michael Cole yelled into his commentator microphone. Pat McAfee got up on the announcement table and cheered for Cody.

Everyone was so happy and you couldn't be any happier. Tears threatened to fall from your eyes, but you made sure to wipe them so your mascara and eyeliner wouldn't smudge.

After Cody did a mini celebration with the fans you got up, grabbing the water bottle and a towel, ready for him to come backstage, but instead, he stuck around, going near Samantha and getting a microphone.

"Hold up. Hold up." Cody said as he got back in the ring. "I'm not done yet." He said. "First, I wanna say thank you to all who have supported me through this and if it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't be holding this title right now." Cody said, holding the title up high, making the fans cheer.

"But, it's not just y'all who have put me in this spot, but my lovely girlfriend, Y/n." The fans cheered once more at the mention of your name.

You're not a wrestler, but you have been a valet to other popular wrestlers, but the most popular is Cody and ever since y'all started dating 3 years ago, the popularity grew even more.

"And Y/n, I would love it if you would come out for a moment." You looked confused backstage, but nonetheless, you made your way out to the arena still having a look of confusion.

Cody never said anything about inviting you out near the fans. Like the gentleman Cody is, he held the rope for you and helped you inside the ring.

You wore a beautiful black dress, your favorite jewelry, and little kitten heels.

You made sure to dress up for him on such an important night, but now you're glad you did since you're out with the fans and being filmed in front of millions.

"Y/n." Cody called, grabbing your hand. "I love you so much, and-" Cody paused, setting the microphone down, and pulling a velvet box out his tights. He opened it up before grabbing the microphone again.

"You've been by my side for 3 almost 4 years now. We've been through thick and thin, you've been there for me no matter what company I'm in, the outcome of my matches, you're just always there. Now, you're here for me on WrestleMania night. The night where I won the title I've fought so hard for and every other attempts I've failed, but you're the only reason why I haven't gave up, you're the reason why I'm standing in this ring, telling you this and this story is NOT finished without you becoming my wife and soon a mother to our future kids if you choose to want some, so would you make me the happiest man in WWE history, and marry me?"

The tears that you held in backstage finally fell as you took your hand from his hold, covering your face. Cody smiled, tears in his own eyes.

As you wiped your eyes and cleared your throat you took the microphone out his hand.

"Y-yes! Yes I will!"

The area popped at your answer. Fans yelled, cheered, and some even cried. With shaky hands, Cody slipped the beautiful diamond ring on your finger and you instantly grabbed him up for a kiss.

Wrestlers backstage cheered as well, they were all happy for you two. Even Roman was despite losing his title to him.

You two pulled back from the kiss, you bending down and taking the microphone from the floor.

"Thank you WWE Universe for bringing this man to me!" They cheered once more as you and Cody left to go backstage to celebrate this new engagement.

This was such a special night to him and not because he won the title.