May the Horse Be With You

No one ever would've guessed that the Jedi would need to modify or make robes the right size and shape to fit a horse. But for the first time ever, they did just that.. It felt pretty odd to Comedia when she put them on. The only thing she didn't wear were boots.

Comedia stood in a Jedi training room with Master Yoda acting as her instructor. A few other masters sat on the side benches in observation, and Emeraldi too for moral support.

A little droid was set up, very much like the ones used to help Jedi younglings practice using their lightsabers to deflect blaster fire. But Comedia didn't have a lightsaber. It was too early to know if Comedia would even have one given that she did not have hands. Before they could do anything else, they had to test how well she used to Force.

The alicorn princess sniffed the droid and tapped it with her hoof curiously. Two elder Jedi Masters Sinube and Yoda came to be her instructors.

"What exactly am I supposed to do with this?"

"You are the first equine Jedi I have ever seen." Sinube said. "Rest assured, your teaching should not be too different from that of any other. You simply need the correct teachings by first determining the strength of your abilities."

"Concentrate, young Comedia." Yoda said. "Only stunt blasts are these. Harm you, they will not."

"What happens if one does hit me?" Comedia tapped the droid again, and hit fired on blast that hit her front leg. "Ow!"

"That." Yoda chuckled.

"Are we sure this is safe?" Ki-Adi said. "Could I not teach her myself? Master Skywalker coaches his daughter, does he not?"

"Much younger than Comedia, Gabriella is. More time she has to learn from her father. Late Comedia is in hers. More than one teacher she likely will need. Nonetheless, as her father, your support she will require to grow."

"I don't know much about Jedi training, but shouldn't you take into account her past?" Emeraldi said. "As happy go lucky as my sister is, she's been through a lot of trauma."

"Worry not, Lady Evermare. Accommodate the best we can, we shall."

"I've always been curious. Why do you always talk backwards?" Emeraldi said. "Is that something done on your home planet or something?"

Ki-Adi was still unsure about all of this. He hadn't even been Comedia's father for a year, but that didn't mean there wasn't a lot of stuff he had yet to learn about her. It didn't surprise him that much that her parents didn't teach her how to use her magic. One, because her mother was a pegasus without magic of her own, who also spent more time worrying about how well groomed she was for a photo than her daughters' well-being. Even if she wasn't the half doing most of the physical abuse, she was verbally abusive and had a gift for manipulating people. Comedia and Emeraldi's father, on the other hoof, was just physically and verbally abusive as well as neglectful with both his children, and Emeraldi knew as much about using magic as her sister's new father did.

For Comedia, learning to make jokes and play pranks came easy once she read a few books and educated herself on the necessary statistics and such. But using some special force that wasn't magic spells... that was another story. To her knowledge, no horses had ever been Force sensitive.

She remembered when she was younger, hearing about the Jedi from her cousin Fantasia after the Republic formed an alliance with the Enchantra High Commission and the Nine Kingdoms.

The droid was activated, and Comedia got into position. Her assignment: use the Force to detect when and from where the droid would blast her. The droid would start slow, but it would speed up with time and move all around. Comedia jumped and ducked to avoid many blows; mostly, because she didn't want to get stung again.