Valentine Preparations

If there was ever a time of year lots of people loved almost as much as the holidays at the end of each year, it was Valentine's Day.

It wasn't Valentine's Day yet, but it would be in just a couple of weeks, and there were plenty of folks getting special surprises ready for a special someone. Boyfriends doing something sweet for their girlfriends, husbands preparing something wonderful for their wives, children doing something nice for their parents, even siblings and best friends doing something special for each other.

And ever since the Jedi Code changed, the Jedi were no exception to this holiday that also served as a good excuse to eat chocolate.

With Valentine's Day coming up, Strawberry Sundae and her rider Mace were stacking quite a pile of orders for their new sweet shop. If there was one thing everyone loved about Valentine's Day, it was all the different kinds of chocolate and treats that bakeries and candy shops sold in heart-shaped boxes.

Chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes with red, white, and pink icing and heart-shaped sprinkles, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate cake with strawberry roses, strawberry tarts, strawberry cupcakes, chocolate covered cherries, and strawberry sundaes with lots of fudge.

Strawberry got right to work making sure every treat was made to perfection, including a special pie she was making for her grandmother. Mace was supposed to be helping her today, but for some reason he was running late to work today. She thought maybe it was Jedi business, so she made a call to the Temple to ask if her rider was there. But, he wasn't there.

"I wonder where he could be." Strawberry wondered aloud.

Back at the palace, the kids were all working on Valentine's Day gifts of their own. Cards for their parents, cards for their friends, and Boba of course was making a special card for his girlfriend Roya.

Lamenta was also making a special card for her new baby brother or sister. As you can probably imagine, she was overjoyed when her parents told her she was going to be a big sister. And Gabby and her older twin siblings were all excited for their cousin. Her side of the family was finally growing as theirs had been doing so quickly.

So much had changed in their once small family. Not too long ago, it used to be just Gabby and her parents. A happy mom and dad and their little girl. And then along came Boba. And for a while it was just Mr. and Mrs. Skywalker and their two children and their two horses. But then along came the Festival of Light, and they found Anakin's long-lost twin brother Carmine, his wife Caroline, and their only daughter Lamenta. The family only continued to grow from there. The kids' grandfather Qui-Gon was revived, the twins' half-sister Kara was brought to light, Padme and Anakin adopted Boba's twin sister Omega, then their adorable twins Luke and Leia were born, and Shmi Skywalker was revived too. And just a few days ago, on a mission to rescue a rancor named Muchi from Zygerrian slavers, Carmine found his long-lost adoptive mother Susy Lamura, who moved in with the royal family after she was rescued and was eager to catch up with her son and her granddaughter. And now, at long last, Lamenta's parents were expecting a second child.

Lamenta had always wanted a baby brother or sister to play with. Being an only child, it could get lonely at times. It wasn't until she met her long-lost cousins that she finally had a taste of what it was like to live with other kids.

"I can't wait to meet my baby sister! Or brother." Lamenta said. "Or twins! Yes! I want twins."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Lamenta." Boba said. "I've babysat Luke and Leia by myself before. They're cute and all, but it's like looking after wild animals."

"Babies will also tend to pull your hair any chance they get." Gabby said. "So, you might wanna keep a few scrunchies handy when you're gonna hold the baby."