War-Mantle

Bad Batch episode: War-Mantle
—————————————————————————
On a rainforest planet somewhere far away...

"I am so close to perfecting the ultimate weapon that will defeat the remains of the Solaris royal family for good." Mariverde said, looking at some tubes. "But without the crown jewels to give them the power, all the work put into this will be utterly useless."

"Now, my queen. We must be patient." said a man whose face was also concealed with a hood.

Marvierde grabbed the man by the front of his shirt and twisted it tightly.

"Consider yourself lucky I didn't have you executed after one of the royal family nearly discovered our Naboo facility!"

"Need I remind you that you were the one to clavatize Princess Carol-"

"And you were the one to pollute the very lake on their home planet with your slop! I may be dark, twisted, and villanous, but even I wouldn't resort to such stupid deeds to getting rid of evidence, especially not when it would so easily expose me through one of my own mariclavas!"

Just then, one of Mariverde's transformed mariclavas burst in.

"Your Ladyship! One of the prisoners has... well, escaped!"

"Find him!" Mariverde said. "No one must find out what we are planning!"
—————————————————————————
It was dark and there were lots of rocks and trees for an escaped clone trooper to avoid. His name was Gregor.

Currently, he was running from a couple of mari-clavas Mariverde turned to humans and accompanied with pesadilas to sniff out the escaped prisoner. Gregor gasped as he spotted two pesadilas transformed into a couple of ugly creatures called hodags and growling at him. Luckily, he managed to place a homing beacon he'd managed to snag when he escaped, and he continued running as fast as he could to get away...

Until he was blasted with a stunning spell that knocked him unconscious.
—————————————————————————
"I just don't understand it." Garrett said, looking through some of his books.

After Boba described Madison having swirly eyes after she was de-clavatized, and the same thing happening to Brenda along with the addition of Ms. Fortune's skirt to her Mama Bear look, Garrett and a few others in the family were beginning to suspect something fishy was afoot. And it wasn't just Brenda or Madison. Royal families and guardians across Enchantra fighting Mariverde also reported they were noticing similar incidents whenever they faced a clavatized villain; many had powers resembling powers of re-captured MARED prisoners. No one could explain it though.

"How could Mariverde have given both women swirly eyes and then given Brenda Ms. Fortune's skirt?"

"Maybe she's modifying her villains' outfits in a strange effort to throw us off?" Mariposa hypothesized. "Marianna was notorious for using a myriad of diversions and brain teasing strategies even when we were children."

"Well, I've contacted the Commission. They said all prisoners who've been captured thus far are all in their prison cells, and this time they are far more secure. They've installed bug zappers that should keep any butterflies from getting in."

But the clavatizations including already magical villains wasn't the only strange thing they'd noticed. Although it was more of a Republic military issue, a lot of clones had been disappearing lately. At first, no one noticed because there were so many and some just assumed they'd found new jobs, and the younger ones were placed into foster care in the hopes of being adopted into loving, happy homes like Boba and Omega. Luckily, they had some clones who weren't captured on the case.