Pony Pageant Prep

Featured Song Lyrics in order:

1. Excerpts from

"When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat Dolls

"Baby Shark" and "The Gummy Bear Song (I'm a Gummy Bear)"

2. "Get Serious" by Imagination Movers (my favorite childhood band)

Comedia was sleeping late the next morning, as it was Saturday, meaning Comedia didn't have any homeschooling to do.

As of since she moved in with Master Mundi, she was homeschooled, like she'd been for the last few years. But, Master Mundi thought perhaps it was time to see about getting Comedia into high school next fall.

Sure, she was a horse, but she was sentient like any other teenager, and she had every right to be educated if she wanted to achieve her dream of being a professional comedian someday. And as everyone knew, an educated princess was a resourceful princess.

But while Comedia was dreaming of telling jokes on stage and walking the red carpet a famous comedian, she was shaken awake by her adoptive father.

"Huh?"

Comedia woke up groggily.

"Ugh! It's Saturday!" she groaned.

"And time for an important meeting with the Jedi Council." said Ki-Adi. "Get dressed and brush your teeth now."

"I don't even wear clothes."

"You're right. Just brush and let's go."

Comedia had no idea what could be so important that it couldn't wait until after she had breakfast.

The Jedi Council and all their horses were in the Council chambers.

Comedia was downing a box of Peanut Butter Crunchies cereal, not having had the chance to eat breakfast or brush her mane before they were called into this meeting. Normally, Ki-Adi would object to snacks in the chamber, but he knew his adopted daughter well enough to know she got hangry, and the last kind of horse they needed now was a hangry horse.

"Who exactly called this meeting anyway?" asked Comedia, her mouth half filled with cereal.

"Comedia, don't talk with your mouth full." Ki-Adi scolded.

"I did." Magenta said. "Well, technically Yoda did, but I asked him to."

"What is this about?" asked Kit.

"We've got an issue. One that may be Mariverde related." said Magenta, pulling out a data tablet from her saddlebag.

On said tablet, there was the same advertisement for the Pretty Pony Pageant Comedia had seen the night before. At first, no one was sure why a horse show was cause for concern.

"Don't you get it? It's a pageant. One of the biggest contributors to bringing out the worst in people." said Magenta. "Have any of you heard of the Miss Galaxy Carrie Incident of '89?"

The Miss Galaxy Pageant was a beauty pageant for humanoid-type beings of the female kind. And there were many nasty incidents where contestants were willing to do anything to win, including sabotaging the other contestants in the most humiliating way possibly. And the incident Magenta just mentioned? Let's just say that the girl who got the crown experienced a little more bloodshed than she anticipated. Luckily for the one who done it, she wasn't a Jedi. But she didn't need to be in order to choke her half to death.

Magenta explained to the others that she'd seen it first hoof because she'd competed in the Pretty Pony Pageant twelve years ago.

"Except, I lost that one to some green pegasus diva. She was an even bigger diva than I was."