Chapter 10

Demontre's POV

I woke up to someone in my arms, and that's when I remembered that Diamond came back earlier this morning. It didn't occur to me how she got here until now, and I needed to find out how she got here. I shook her softly, careful not to hurt her.

"Baby. Wake up we need to talk." I said softly.

She slowly opened her eyes and sat up. That's when I noticed she had two big bruises on her face. It hurt me so much to see her like this. I had to find out all that happened to her. I just don't understand how someone could hurt the love of my life. And I could tell that he did some cruel things to her I wasn't having him beating on my girl.

She stretched. "Yes babe?" She said softly yawning.

I touched her face softly, but that's all it took for her to wince.

"Babe why is your face bruised?" I asked her.

She just looked down, like she didn't want to tell me. I waited a couple of minutes and she still didn't tell me.

"Diamond... why is your face bruised?" I asked again lifting up her chin.

She just looked back down still as quiet as can be. I could tell that hse was afraid to tell me.

"Diamond Marie Gonzalez-Martinez!" I gave her my last name (Gonzalez] as I raised my voice a little so she would answer me.

"Okay! He punched me in my face several times." She said still looking down. I tried to touch it. "Don't touch it. It hurts!" She said starting to cry slowly.

I wrapped her in my arms telling her over and over again that i would never let something like that happen again. She continued to cry in my arms as i kissed her forehead. When she stopped crying I looked her in the eyes.

"How did you get here?" I asked her.

"I jumped out the window at the house he had me at. Then I ran all the way here." She said.

"Why did you do that?" I asked shaking my head.

"Well, I was hungry so I was about to creep downstairs when I heard him talking to someone. He said he wasn't going to give me back to you, he was just going to kill us both. I got scared and didn't want him touching you, so I decided to come find you." She said starting to cry again.

I wrapped her in my arms one last time. "When's the last time you ate?" I asked her wiping her tears away.

"At Busch Gardens." She said looking into my eyes.

"Lay back down and watch some TV. I'll be right back." I said kissing her forehead.

I got up and got dressed. I had to go get my baby some food before she starved. I grabbed my car keys and drove to McDonald's. The whole way there I was thinking about BG (Big Guy) putting his hands on Diamond. I pulled up to McDonald's and decided to go inside to get the food. I walked inside and the first thing that my eyes landed on was the cashier. She was about 5'2, thick in all the right places, and had long jet black hair. Shawty was fine I couldn't lie. I had forgotten all about Diamond. What was I doing? Lord help me.

I walked up to the counter.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" She smiled and licked her lips. Shawty had one dimple. I have to admitt that was mad cute.

"Can I have two breakfast platters ma?" I asked her winking. Oh my Lord. If Diamond found out about this she would cut my eyelids off.

"Sure thing. Anything else?" She said putting in my order.

"Your number and name would be great." I said smiling.

She smiled back and gave me my food.

"Have a great day." She said smiling.

I walked out feeling like I hadn't accomplished anything. I got in the car and that's when I noticed something in the bag. I pulled it out. It was a napkin with writing on it. It said...

Belle : 270-957-4532 call anytime papi(:

This girl had snuck her number in the bag of food. She's funny. I'll be sure to call her. THat's when Diamond popped back in my head. Damn. Well she doesn't have to know. I folded up the paper, put it in my pocket, and started my way home.

Diamond did not have to know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!!!! Is Demontre' really going to cheat on Diamond?! UGHHHHHHHHHHH!