Chapter 1

Diamond’s POV

                When you live in the projects as long as I have, things that you see and hear are normal. I could walk down the street and see someone get shot or hear someone talk about a drug deal. It was all normal to me. And running away from the police? You already know that I know how to dip. Niggas in the projects are real. You fuck up, you get fucked up. It’s either you doing drugs or you buying them. You getting shot or you’re the person shooting. That’s how it is in the projects. You have to be accustomed to it. Everyone wants to get out of the projects, but very few people do. All the rich white people make school and work seem so easy, but in reality it’s just as hard as a crackhead trying to stay off crack. But you need to see the reality of the projects, so let me tell you about my life in the projects.

            I was walking to work, when I was greeted by the same niggas that said something to me everyday. Today I was really pissed off though.

            “Yo! Wassup ma’! When you gone let me be that nigga by your side?” They yelled from across the street.

            Normally I just would have ignored them and kept walking, but today I couldn’t take anymore bullshit from anybody.

            “Why don’t you take your cheap ass lines and shove em’ up your ass! You bother me everyday and I never answer you. When are you going to realize that I don’t want your broke no job having ass?! Leave me alone!” I yelled.

            I expected them to reply but got nothing. They just stared at me wide-eyed like I’d just robbed the bank or something. I kept walking. I couldn’t be late for work again or else I was going to get fired. Fucking around with all these niggas… ugh people without jobs just don’t understand how hard it is to keep one. I’m an independent woman. I have to provide for myself. And ain’t no nigga going to keep me away from my dreams. I promise that.

*

*

*

*

                                                Demontre’s POV

            Damn where the fuck was Diamond? She had to be here in five minutes or else she would be fired on the spot. Me and Diamond have been best friends since before Primary school. That’s my nigga. Now I might have a job, but I’m a thug. I don’t give a fuck what anybody says. They say that thugs can’t love, but I could prove them otherwise. If only Diamond liked me back.

            “Demontre’ I’m here!” Diamond said clocking in. She had one minute to spare. Her ass got lucky.

            “Damn took your punk ass long enough. What took you so long?” I asked her. She’s always late.

            “Those same hood niggas tried to talk to me again today and I told em off. I tired of these niggas trying to get with me.” She said shaking her head.

            Diamond stood at 5’0 even with long red hair. And when I say red I might fire truck red. She was light-skinned, and the sexiest red-bone I’ve ever seen. Niggas heads be turning at first glance. No wonder every nigga wanted to be with this chick. Not only was she sexy, she was smart, loyal, and trust-worthy. I’ve had a crush on baby girl for the longest and after work I’m going to tell her.

*

*

*

*

                                                Diamond’s POV

            There’s something about Demontre’. Every time we talk he has this sparkle in his eye, like he’s just excited to talk to me. I can’t lie Demontre’ is sexy as hell. Standing at a good 6’1, with dark brown hair. He has a light-skinned complexion and  he’s just fine as hell. He was black and Rican. Which was perfect because I’m black, white, Irish, and Rican. We’d make the cutest babies. Demontre’ has been my best friend forever. I don’t know what I would do without him. We do everything together. Shit I’m even saving my virginity for him. I’m just hoping I’m not waiting to be let down. I’m 18 years old! I should have been lost my virginity. I guess I just really want him. I’ve had a crush on him forever now, and I think today is the day to tell. After I finished working of course, but it was time for him to know how I really felt about him. I just hope this doesn’t mess up our friendship.