Chapter 2

Diamond’s POV

            Work was finally over. Thank GOD! All these people always want to take forever getting their shit out their cart, and all these niggas always want to try and holla. But it’s okay now because it was time to tell Demontre’ how I felt about him.

            “Aye, Diamond. You want to go for a walk in the park.” He asked. Oh goodness. That sparkle in his eye always got me.

            “Y-Yeah Demontre’. Let’s go.” I said nervously.

            The only bad thing that could happen is I fuck up and he doesn’t like me back. Oh God now there’s pressure building up on me. What will I say?

*

*

*

*

                                                Demontre’s POV

            Damn. Even in work clothes she looked sexy as hell. I figured the park would be the best place to take her. I hope and pray she likes me back. If she doesn’t I think I’ll be a little bitch and cry. Haha, naw, not that serious. Here we go.

            “I have to tell you something.” We both said at the same time. She laughed.

            “You go first.” She said smiling.

            “No. You go. After all, ladies first.” I said making her laugh.

            “Well then I guess you wouldn’t mind going.” She said. I laughed.

            “Well Diamond. You know we’ve been best friends for the longest. Nobody has ever seen one of us without the other. We’re like Bonnie and Clyde. Only not like the relationship part of it.” I said nervous as hell. I got on one knee. “But I want it to be the relationship part, if you allow me. I guess I’m trying to say, Will you be my girl?” I asked. She just stared at me. Mouth open, teary eyed. I did something wrong. Until…

            “Yes! Yes! OH MY GOD! YES!” She yelled and jumped into my arms. I laughed and kissed her. I did it.

*

*

*

*

                                                Diamond’s POV

            He asked ME! Oh my God. This was amazing. When our lips met it was like everything in that moment was meant to be. Like Cupid himself stuck the arrow in our butts.

            Demontre’ walked me home. We held hands the whole way. He gave me a kiss and told me he’d pick me up tomorrow. He had a surprise for me. Not even 15 minutes had gone by when my phone vibrated. It was a text from him.

                                                Text Convo.

MyRomeo<3: Babe, I miss you D:

MyJuliet<3: Aww, babe I miss you too.

MyRomeo<3: Wyd?

MyJuliet<3: Nothing, watching TV. Where are you taking me tomorrow?!

MyRomeo<3: I can’t tell you. It’s a surprise baby.

MyJuliet<3: Ugh whatever babe. Lol. I’m sleepy.

MyRomeo<3: Go to sleep you got a big day ahead of you tomorrow.

MyJuliet<3: Okay babe. Night night don’t let the bed bugs bite.

MyRomeo<3: Lol night babe.

            As soon as we finished texting, I got in the shower, changed my clothes, ate, and went to bed. Like he said, I have a BIG day ahead of me tomorrow.

            And I think I love him…