I Do Not. |Mattheo Riddle|

Warning: None
Word Count: 709
----------------------

She walked down the aisle with a dark green dress falling from her body. She was beautiful and for once she felt beautiful. She was getting married to the love of her life.

When he proposed it was filled with flowers and they were by the water. She always had loved the water and he thought it was the best time to do it. So she stood in front of him with a large smile across both of their faces.

"You look gorgeous," he whispered.

"Thank you. You look handsome." She pretended to fix his collar and resisted the urge to kiss him.

"So, we are here today to welcome Mattheo Riddle and Y/n L/n." The claps of people's hand began to be the only sound and soon fell to a slice before he spoke again. "Please, Mattheo start with the vows."

"When I met you, we hated each other." The crowd laughed and the couple chuckled. "We didn't get a long and for a while I thought we never would. But love, just kinda walked in. I didn't really know how to handle it and now I know that, no matter who tries to stop us, we will always come out stronger and with more love for each other then before."

Tears streamed down the girls face and she unlinked their arms so she could rub the tears away but before she could, Mattheo was doing it for her. She leaned into his touch lightly as the crowd clapped for the speech.

"Now, Y/n, please go."

"As you mentioned, when we met we hated each other. I never thought the person I despised most would be the person that in the end I would take a bullet for. I didn't know that 8 years ago I would be standing in front of the boy I used to have with the amount of love I have for him now."

When she stopped talking they both smiled and the crowd, once again, went wild. Now for the part that scared both of them.

"Now, by saying 'I do' you will take the other as your husband or wife. Y/n, do you take Mattheo as your husband?"

"I do," she said without even thinking. There was a look of something in Mattheo's eyes that made her heart go at a hundred miles per hour.

"Mattheo?" It felt like the world was on pause and he was taking forever to answer. But when he did she kinda wished the world was paused.

"I love you Y/n. But I don't think this is good for us." The words caused tears to go into her eyes and her hands to slowly fall from his, he tried to keep them in his.

Pansy and Daphne almost immediately went to stand by Y/n because they could see how hurt she was. They didn't want to not be there for her.

"So-So, no?" His eyes held tears that couldn't be unnoticed.

"No." She nodded with a trembling lip and turned away, to walk down towards the isle. His heart broke as he heard a small sob escaped her lips. Daphne and Pansy stood close behind her.

Once she was out of view from the rest of the group, she collapsed. Daphne caught her before she hit the ground but she felt she want even on earth.

"Am I that big of a fuck up?" She sobbed with a  broken heart. She just wanted to be held by the boy but she also wanted to punch him. "Am I not enough?"

"Oh love, of course you are." Pansy said, stroking her head. Mattheo stood there, watching were she walked away. He couldn't believe what he just did. He just declined the love of his life. He didn't know why.

Y/n was still in Daphne's arms against a wall as her sobs and the voice of Daphne and Pansy trying to comfort her being the only thing heard in the room. Soon after Enzo and Draco entered with a frown.

Y/n placed a hand on her stomach, still curled in Daphne's arms, and mumbled, "His." And everyone's faces dropped.

For Y/n, everything went black.