Stressful. |JJ Maybank|

Warning: Talk of Abuse, Panic Attack
Word Count: 533
---------------------

Everything had been eating me alive.

Grades. People. The work. Parents. Drama.

Everything.

The one thing that has kept me afloat is my boyfriend, JJ, and with my overthinking, it feels hes even starting to get annoyed with me. My parents haven't gotten any better with my grades. If I got a C+ or lower I would be beat. If I said something wrong I would be beat. If they were drunk I would be beat.

It was never ending. Which was why I was staying with one of my best friends, John B, but even when I got home, they pretended to care and then also proceeded to beat me. I was currently in JJ's bedroom at JBs and my mind felt like it had been worse with the anxiety of it. My mind kept going everywhere and it wouldn't stay still.

I was supposed to go with the rest of my best friends, Kiara, Pope, John B, JJ and Sarah to surf but everything started to feel like it was closing in on me. I sat on the ground, with a hand to my heart and tears streaming down my face. I couldn't breathe and it was terrifying. I've had panic attacks before but I will never get over the feeling of it.

I let out a shaky breath and pushed myself against the bed frame, trying to contain my sobs. The door, sadly, opened the revel my blonde haired boy. "Hey babe-" he cut his own words off and ran to my side.

"I-I- can-can't brea-breathe," I chocked out. He got up and shut the door quickly before going back to my side.

"Can I touch you," he asked with gentleness in his voice. I nodded and he picked me up, setting me in his lap sideways. My cheek pressed against his chest and I let out another shaky breath. "I've got you, love. You are safe. I promise." He whispered into my ear with a gentle kiss to my temple.

I grabbed a fist full of his shirt and gripped it tightly. my eyes were tightly shut and I was holding onto him for dear life. My free hand was wrapped around his neck.

"You're alright my love, I promise. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere." His scent calmed me and I felt myself slowly falling from the panic attack. I snuggled closer to him and released my grip on his shirt. He picked me up and laid me down on the bed, crawling in next to me.

"I'm texting JB we aren't going." he said, reaching to grab his phone that was in his pocket.

"No, I want you to go have fun," I said weakly.  He shook his head and continued to type the text until he hit send. He set his phone back down and pulled my body against his.

"Go to sleep, you're tired. I'll be here when you wake up." I nodded against him and tried getting closer, which I don't think was possible. "I love you," he kissed my head.

"I love you more Jaj."

"Not possible," he whispered.