Engaged?! |Mattheo Riddle| Pt. 3

Warning: Mention of Suicide
Word Count: 897
-------------------

Here I was, back at the doors I so badly wished to never see again.

It has been 2 months. 

When Daphne found me she told me we could stay longer but she wasn't leaving Norway without me. And I wasn't gonna pull her away from her family and Pansy. I couldn't do that. I had to say, that when she found me I highly regretted telling her where I always wanted to go. 

We hadn't been in contact with anyone else here, besides Astoria who swore that she would say she hadn't heard from us like everyone else. I felt bad, leaving. But I couldn't stay there anymore. And finally, I feel like I could move on from what Mattheo and I were. 

I felt my suitcase and Daphne held hers. We stood in front of my old doors and I felt a small smile tug at my lips. Being in Norway with Daphne was an experience I would never forget. It was probably one of the funnest times I have had in a while.

The doors opened and I sighed when I saw everything still in its place, hardly touched. Footsteps were heard from the staircase that was off to my right. "Ah!" Astoria held out her arms with a wide smile. She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, digging her head into the crook of my neck. 

"Tori! I am here too!" Daphne squealed with a large smile. Astoria chuckled and took herself away from me and wrapped her arms around Daphne. Just then, Pansy was in front of me. I smiled lightly and held out my arms. 

"I am so sorry, Y/n. I am so so so sorry," she broke into a fit of sobs. I had known Daphne told them everything that I had been going through and although I got kinda mad at her, I understood why she told them.

She walked into my arms and buried her head into the crook of my neck, like Astoria had done. My scents were filled with the smell of old books and cologne. It was like all those past feelings had just appeared as if they never had left in the first place. Pansy let go of me and Mattheo held a guilty smile. 

His eyes were puffy and bloodshot, I wanted to feel bad and I did, but I didn't. I wanted him to go through the pain I had to go through. "Y/n..."

"I am not forgiving you," I said sternly.

"Please....I miss you....I miss us..." He whispered so softly that it was almost impossible to hear. I had heard that Pansy and Mattheo broke up because they said it began feeling wrong. I guess Mattheo had always thought it was wrong. I wished I was there to comfort her when she was going through the break up.

"Didn't really seem like that when you were fucking Pansy." I could feel her tense next to me but I was not letting him play his games with me. I was so done. 

"Really? I am trying to say sorry!" 

"You should've said it sooner! I am not gonna forgive you for putting me though such fucking hell! You have no idea what I went through! You have no idea how many times Daphne and Astoria had to comfort me while I sobbed! You have no idea how many times I was so close to ending it! You. Have. No. Fucking. Idea!" 

"I am so so sorry Y/n!-"

"Shut up! Just shut up!" I began walking up the stairs to my bedroom, I knew I was gonna have to talk to him about this but for some reason it was so hard to keep the feelings down. The feeling of unworthiness. The feeling of nothingness.

I heard his footsteps behind me and I just wanted to curl up in my bed and never move. But I wasn't. I was gonna get better. And I am better, this is just a small bump in the road and I'll be fine after the long awaited conversation. 

"We used to be best friends!"

"That was before you said you had to break up with me because of your father and then it turned to us never talking again!" I set my suitcase on my bed and sat down, staring at Mattheo.

"I miss you!" He threw his hands in the air. 

"And you think I don't?!" 

"No...not really," he whispered.

"I miss you so fucking much. But what you did hurt. You act like saying sorry will make me run back into your arms."

"I just miss you."

"You have made that highly clear. Now, can you leave. I have shit to unpack." His eyes saddened and welled with tears. I didn't say anything and he took that as his sign to leave. When he shut the door, I broke down.

What am I supposed to do now? The boy I had fallen madly in love with is trying to get me back, but I can't trust him anymore. And what do we have if there isn't trust?

-

Part 3. 
I enjoy writing this mini story a lot, actually. I definitely did not think that my first Imagine about this would get so much love but, thank you!

I also wanted to say thank you for almost 15k reads! Like, WHAT! That is mind blowing.
Thank you so fucking much my loves<3