Behind The Mask. |Mattheo Riddle|

Warning: Talk of Depression, Anxiety, Talk of Rape, Mention of Suicide
Word Count: 462
---------------------

Y/n had severe depression and anxiety. And her past didn't help her. She was raped as a young child, over and over again. She felt like she was always in a whole she couldn't ever seem to get out of. Mattheo was her boyfriend and, right now, the only person who seemed to be keeping her from killing herself. She was behind a door while she listened to her brother, Lorenzo, and Mattheo talk. 

"How is she holding up," Lorenzo asked with worry in his voice. The girl never let anyone know how badly she was struggling. 

"Well, she looks like herself." Mattheo began with a small shaky breath. "But she is somebody else, only it ain't on the surface." He looked down at his hands and examined the ring he was holding. He wanted her to get back to him. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He wanted her and he was scared something may happen where it is too late for that to happen. "She talks like herself but I hear someone else. She is making me scared she is gonna do something to make her hurt herself." 

She walked out and he quickly shoved the ring into his pocket. She sat down on his lap and laid her head on his chest while her other arm wrapped around his neck. His arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer to him. He finally felt like she was present in the world. She small sobs began to echo throughout the room and her body shook in his grasp. 

"Sh sh sh my love, I am right here." He stroked her head and laid down, Lorenzo leaving because he didn't want to ruin the moment where his sister finally showed some amount of emotion. he laid down and pulled the girl closer to him while she kept her ace hidden in his chest. She smiled lightly at the girl because he felt like something had finally gotten to her. He didn't like seeing her sad of course but he was happy she wasn't holding it in. 

Her sobs slowly died down and her breathing became lighter, meaning she had fallen asleep. He lifted her up and began walking to their dorm. He held her bridal style and when he entered the room he set her on the bed and kicked both of their shoes off, climbing into bed next to her. She snuggled into him and he felt his heart flutter.

He had finally gotten to her. 

"I love you Y/n Berkshire."

"I'll try to talk to you. I love you Mattheo Riddle." \

And that was the day she had finally opened up to someone.