80: Desperate Stand

Zeo

Enduring the intense pain throbbing in his jaw, Zeo wandered through the foggy arena, his mind clouded by uncertainty. A distant red glow marked the exit, but as he approached it, the gates slammed shut with a resonant thud, followed by a rumble that echoed in his ears. His fingers brushed the cold metal, and anger oscillated in his chest like waves.

A shrill sound filled the arena, and a familiar voice emanated from different directions. Zeo turned around, looking for the source of that noise.

"Zeo, my friend! Long time no see!" A large screen illuminated above a metal structure, revealing Arkor's grinning face. "How are you doing, buddy?"

Zeo grimaced at the sight of his old teammate and clenched his fists. "You?"

"Me!" He laughed. "I'm glad you decided to come back. I missed you."

"I thought you were dead."

"Oh, no." Arkor shook his head. "That Ozura lady took good care of me." He taunted him with a smirk. "Too bad she's dead now, though."

"Too bad she didn't get rid of trash like you." Zeo spat.

"It hurts me that you think that, buddy." He pouted. "But on the bright side, we're back together now. Just like the old times, uh?"

Zeo rolled his eyes and vented his frustration by punching the gate behind him. "What do you want?"

"I have a little favor to ask you. There are some troublemakers here, and I need a hand dealing with them. Would you mind helping me?"

He raised an eyebrow, knowing nothing good could come from that traitor.

The whole arena began shaking, and the center of the floor split open. A metal platform rose from the underground, carrying four men. They surveyed the surroundings with confusion and hatred.

"Yo, Ricio! Are you ready, my man?" Arkor asked.

The older man looked at him with contempt. "What kind of game is this, you sick bastard?"

"The boy in front of you is none other than Zeo." Arkor giggled, his eyes shining. "He is your mission. If you want the rest of your people to be released, all you need to do is eliminate this rapist."

"Rapist?" Zeo muttered, unable to believe his words.

The leader locked his deep black eyes on him and scanned him from head to toe with disgust. "Is that it? Aren't you playing with us?"

"Yeah. That's it." Arkor nodded. "If you manage to eliminate this guy, I'll release Karia, Mero, and Ivy."

The man took a deep breath, and his gaze switched from Zeo to his companions and then back to Arkor. "You give us your word?"

Arkor bobbed his head. "Of course! You have my word."

"HIS WORD MEANS SHIT!" Zeo snapped, pointing at the screen. "That scumbag is a traitor and a liar! I know because I fought alongside him. Don't listen to his bullshit."

The man seemed to hesitate for a moment and glared at him. "Do not dare speak to me after what you did."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"All the witnesses described you exactly like this. A green-haired Anglish with an eyepatch. Don't try to fool me now!"

"Exactly!" Arkor agreed, folding his arms. "He's been imprisoned for the rape and murder of Launa Klemin. He no longer has a place in our society."

"LIAR!" Zeo stepped forward, veins bulging in his forehead. "I was thrown here because I went against their twisted ideals! All The Hunters are disgusting trash with respect for no one!"