But He Promised.

Vanessa's P.O.V

I waited parked in the student parking lot for Katie I was a student of this school after all. I was a little early and know one was really around at the moment so I got my phone out my bag and went on Twitter I was just scrolling through my mentions nothing really catching my eye until I see a tweet from Luke. '@Luke5SOS: Isn't she a cutie? @VanessaBell_ <3' with a link to a photo it was a photo of me asleep on the couch, my hair was all over the place and I looked horrible, I read through a few tweets the fan's had said about me one girl said 'Sleepover was it ? (; @Luke5SOS @VanessaBell_' A favourite her tweet and kept reading these girls were actually quite funny, there was the odd mean one but I just ignored it. "Hey!" Katie said, while she sat down in the passengers seat. "Hey! How was school?" I ask. "Great I had PE and Drama my two favorite subjects." She say's excitedly. "Wicked! Do anything fun in PE?" "We played soccer, your favourite." "That's cool, did your team win?" "No, my PE teacher made it girls vs boys and most of the girls in my year hardly no how to buy the right size clothes let alone kick a ball. So it was pretty much me and a few other girls vs all the boys and them boys take soccer seriously." I just burst into laughter over her clothes joke. "Well that's a tad sexist of your teacher." "I know, he always does it, he thinks girls don't know anything about sport and it's so annoying." "He'll soon learn!" I say as I reverse out of the park and out the driveway. "Where too?" I ask. "You can choose." "No, you can." "Fine! McDonalds." "You can never go wrong with McDonalds, I pretty much live at this place." I say laughing. We pull up into the McDonalds car park and walk in, there was a short line but we soon got served we ordered and went and sat in a booth in the back corner. "So what's up?" I ask. "You don't mess around, don't ya?" Katie say's stuffing her straw in her coke. "I'm a straight forward kind of girl." I say. "Is Jake still with Zoe?" She asked. "Yes, I thinks so! Why's that? Oh my god no way?" I say, it all hitting me how could I not have noticed before Katie has a crush on Jake. "You're good." She say's laughing "How long have you?" "Ages! Since like year 5." She say's. "Why didn't you do anything about it then?" "Scared of rejection and now it's too late." She say's sadly. "Normally I would say, go for it show him what he's missing out on but he's my brother and Zoe makes him happy and I don't want his happiness to be ruined but I do hate seeing you sad but Zoe is so sweet. And oh my god why is life so hard?" I say. "I don't want to break them up, he's happy with her and I respect that! I just need help getting over him." She say's. "See if I was you, being the selfish cow I am I'd probably form a vicious plan to break them up but you're sweet and innocent unlike me so what we need to do is find you another man well boy I'm not having you date a 30 year-old." I say. "Ew yuck! And Nessa you're not a selfish cow you're the nicest person I know." "Well thank you darling." I say. "Oh and all the guy's at school are gross and up themselves." "Is there not one guy in that whole entire school you don't have even the slightest crush on." "There's this one guy." She say's. "Continue...." "But he's one of the popular guy's and he's a bit of a douche but also very sweet but when he's around his mates he's a total dick." "Harry was like that, but he decided he didn't want the popular life if he had to keep being a jerk to everyone." "So I could change him." "Maybe, what's his name?" I ask, eager to find out. "Hayden." "Is he in your year?" "Yeah! He's in most of my classes actually." "Do you really like him or are you trying to get a guy so you don't have to think about Jake." "A bit of both." She say's. "I say you get to know him first and see if you do actually have feelings for him and if he's still going to act like a douche." "Probably a good idea." She say's. "I'm a genius." I say laughing, we carry on talking about this Hayden guy and eat our lunch. "Uhh Hey, um my sister over there she's a fan of a band you know or something and she was wondering if they were here." A guy probably Jake's age say's while pointing to a table where a girl about my age was sitting. "Hey! No sorry, I have no idea what they're doing today." I say politely. "Aw okay, thanks!" He say's walking away but soon turns around and walks back a few steps. "Katie?" He asks. Katie looks up, "Hey Hayden!" She say's smiling. So this was Hayden, I'd have to admit he was cute and he did look he'd be a guy to break all the hearts. "What's up?" He asks. "Just getting lunch with Vanessa." She say's still holding her wide smile, her whole face lit up when he seen him so maybe these feelings are strong. "That's cool, I'm here with my sister too." "She's not my sister, she's my sisters friend." "Oh sorry, I just thought because you're both beautiful girls that you must be related." What a flirt, I let out a little laugh while Katie's cheeks turn red. "Oh, it's alright." Katie say's. "I was going to call you later but since you're here I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party with me this Friday?" He asks nervously, I sat quietly waiting for her answer her eyes searched around the room and looked at me, I nodded a yes. "I'd love too." She say's finally. "Cool! I'll text you later. Nice meeting you Vanessa." He say's and walks back to his table. "So that was Hayden?" "Yep!" She say's her cheeks still red. "He's sweet." I say. "Yeah! I know." "And a bit of a flirt." "I would say witty." "Already standing up for him, it's true love." I tease. She ends up throwing a few chips at me. "Rude!" I say throwing a piece of lettuce at her that had fallen out of my wrap. "Okay, let's be mature young adults for a moment." I say. "What are you going to wear?" I ask. "I'll find something or I'll raid your wardrobe." "Sounds like a plan, now let's leave before they make us clean this up!" I grab my bag and we walk out the door and into the car, I drop Katie off at her driveway and then go up my driveway.