You're A Cow, You Know?

~Skip Too Wednesday After School~

Vanessa's P.O.V

Luke had told me to be at his house around 6.00 for this little dinner his mum has prepared so she can meet me and my family it was now 5.00 mum had just got home and she was rushing around trying to make herself look nice and picking out nice clothes for Jake. I was planing on just wearing what I normally wear but mum insisted I wore a dress just for this one night which was a stupid idea cause I don't even own a dress. I decided on wearing the skirt Jess talked me into buying at the mall the other day. It was high waisted so I wore a white singlet with little crystal things on it and tucked it into the skirt with my black leather jacket over top I didn't own dressy shoes only vans, converse and a few pairs of boots so I didn't really know what shoes to wear so I made mum decide, she told me just to wear what ever I'm comfortable in. And here's me wearing a skirt that I'm seriously not comfortable in but she wouldn't let me change. So I decided to wear my black high top converse. I walked downstairs after I had finished doing my hair and makeup I chose to wear my hair out and letting it be it's natural waviness and I just put on some eyeliner, mascara and a some lip gloss nothing special. "You look gorgeous sweetie." My mum said. Jake agreed. "Thanks." I mumbled. I suppose wearing a skirt won't be to bad but it still feels weird. It was now 10 minutes until 6.00 and I was really nervous, what if she doesn't approve of me? But Cal and Tesh said I have nothing to worry about because she's apparently the nicest person I'll ever meet.

"Nervous?" Jake asked as we walked out to the car. "Just a wee bit." I say. "You'll be fine! She'll love you." Jake was honestly the best little brother ever. We drove to Luke's which was only just around the corner but mum wanted to drive. My butterflies started to kick in majorly as we pulled up to his house. "Try not to embarrass me to much Mum." I say before getting out of the car. "Oh so you didn't want me to bring all your embarrassing baby photo's with me?" She say's jokingly, my mum had quite the sense of humour when she wanted to be funny but she could also be so embarrassing. "I mean it." I said. "I won't I promise. But you can't be embarrassing either! It would be nice if I could make friends." It's true mum doesn't really have many friends, just like mine they judged her on how my stupid father treated her. "I also promise. Let's go." I say, opening my car door and hoping out. Mum and Jake followed my lead, we walked up to the door and I knocked.  I heard Luke yell "I'll get it." and then someone yelled I'm assuming it was his mum. "No, I will. It's my house." Then Luke argued back. "She's my girlfriend." That made me slightly blush. "So, she'll be my daughter in-law one day." "I like her!" My mum said. So far she sounded nice and was already accepting me as her daughter maybe this won't be to bad. Then Luke said. "Well that means she'll be my wife, so I get to answer the door." "She's my sister, can I just open the door?" Jake yells through the door. "Soooorrrrrrryyyy." Luke's mum said and then the door was opened. Luke and a lady  who looked quite like Luke was standing in front of us. Luke eye's landed on me and instantly went wide and then he showed his perfect smile, surprised to see me in a skirt I guess. "Hello, I'm Liz sorry about all that." Liz, what a cute name. No one had ever told me what her name was all the boy's, Tesh and Jess referred to her as Mumma Hemmo, which was rather cute. "Nice to meet you, I'm Natalie. And this is Jake and Vanessa." Mum said, putting her hand out to be shaken. Liz shook it, and said. "Come in everyone." We all walked in. "Come sit in here, does anyone want a drink?" Liz said gesturing for us to sit in the lounge. I was pretty spaced out so I didn't really hear what she asked but figured it couldn't have been that important. "Nessa?" Luke said, elbowing me. "What? I mean pardon?" I said, nice start Vanessa. "Do you wanna drink?" He asked. "Aw, no thank you." I said. Liz went into the kitchen and came back with some drinks for everyone. She then sat down and said. "Dinner should be ready in about half an hour. So Vanessa Luke said you can sing are you in a band or anything?" She says smiling. "No, I just sing as a hobby." I say. "You haven't sung for us in ages you use to all the time." My Mum said. Did she seriously just say that. She was right though, I use to put on little show's for her, Jake and dad when I was younger but stopped when everything went downhill. "What a cutie, Luke does that too." Liz said. Naww how cute I thought. "You're in a band, arn't you Luke?" My mum asked. "Yep!" He said smiling at her. "It all started with a few youtube videos, maybe you should do that Vanessa?" Liz said. "I've been thinking about that lately actually." I say, truth be told I have been ever since Calum brought it up on Monday. "You never know what could happen. You could be the next Justin Bieber but obviously a girl." "Maybe!" I say.