Having You In My Life Is Enough.

Vanessa’s P.O.V

“Why must you be so good at soccer?” Jake say’s as I block yet another one of his goals. “Sorry! I’ll go easy on ya lil bro.” I tease. “No, I want to make the senior team so do your worst.” He say’s. “Okay, okay! You asked for it.” I say. We carry on practising for a little over an hour it was only us and a group of guy‘s at the park so it was quite quiet apart from the odd laughter and yelling coming form someone. I must admit he was getting better thanks to my amazing coaching skills. “Heads!” Someone yells and I turn around to be greeted by a soccer ball flying for my head but I duck just in time it was coming pretty fast so that would’ve really hurt if it did hit me, I ran after the ball and picked it up. “I’m so sorry, my friends aren’t the flashest soccer players so there aims a bit off!” The guy say’s jogging over to me. “No harm done!” I say and pass him his ball. “Thanks!” He say’s and heads back to his part of the field. “It’s so quiet, have you got your portable speaker things in the car?” Jake asks. “I do!” I say and jog over to where the car was parked and found my pink portable speakers in my glove box I grabbed them and gave them to Jake he put them down by a tree where his hoodie was and plugged in his phone and to my surprise Unpredictable by 5SOS started playing, I gave Jake a weird look. “What? It’s a good song.” He say’s and we carry on kicking the ball around. “Excuse me, but some of us are trying to focus and your music isn’t helping!” One of the guy’s yells from the group. “Does it look like I give a fuck?” I say and that shut him up and Jake and I carried on with our one-on-one game. Jake got his third goal for the night and was running around in circles as a celebration dance.  I started laughing at him and then so did the group of guy’s and they were pointing, I personally thought it was rather rude of them. “Is there a problem?” I ask walking over to the group. “You sweetie are one feisty girl!” The douche-bag from before say’s.  “Mmm, Thanks!” I say sarcastically. “I like you.” He say’s again. “It’s a shame I think you’re a douche-bag we could’ve had something special.” I say and turn and go to walk back to Jake but he decided he wasn’t having a bar of that and grabbed my ass so I swang around and slapped him one right on the cheek and kneed him in the balls and ran “Bye, bye!” I yell and pick up my soccer ball and hoodie and run to the car Jake following my actions and jumping in the passenger’s. “Well! That was fun.” I say laughing. “Yes, yes it was!” Jake say’s joining in on my laughter. My phone beeped and I got it from the floor where I had chucked it and passed it to Jake so he could read it for me. “It say’s, remember to talk to Jake about touring with the boy’s! Mind filling me in?” He say’s. “Oh yeah! So Luke wants me to go on tour with him and the boy’s around Australia it’s in a few weeks, would you be cool with staying here by yourself I’m sure you could arrange something with your friends and Anne and stuff and it’s during the holiday’s and yeah.” I say. “That’s brilliant because today Dan asked me if I wanted to go on holiday with him and his family to the Gold Coast over the holiday’s and I was going to ask you tonight and yeah!” Jake say’s. “I’ll have to talk to Dan’s mum and Anne first but you can go.” I say. “Yay! I’ll text Dan now and see when Selena is free are you busy tomorrow?” “In-between 10:00 and 1:00 yes but after that I got nothing planed.” I say. “Sweet! She’s really nice, you’ll like her.” “Great! I like nice people.” I say as I drive up our driveway.

“Goodnight Jake!” I say poking my head into his door to find him already passed out on his bed with the TV still running I quietly turn the TV off and tiptoe out of his room I walk past mum’s room and decide to go inside it was exactly how she had left it nice, clean and tidy something’s were starting to gather dust, I sat down on her bed and looked over to her bedside table a photo of her, Jake and I standing beside this huge rock at the beach we use to always go to in New Zealand I was only about 8 in this photo and I looked so happy we all did, it was before my dad started hitting us it was a happy stage of my life, I scanned around the room a little longer and found some other photo’s that I’d never noticed before one was just me and Jake from only a few months ago of us holding our tickets to Sydney in the Auckland airport, that was one great day leaving all that shit behind and there was one of Hannah, Mum and I eating Ice Cream’s in Queenstown, that was one amazing memory. I stood up from her bed and straightened it out and quietly left the room and jumped into my bed I sent a group message to Luke, Cal, Ash, Michael, Tesh and Jess saying: