For The Love Of A Daughter.

~One Month Later~

Vanessa’s P.O.V

Luke’s being doing good healing really fast the doctor say’s, I’ve had a few breakdowns over the last month but I started seeing a therapist to get everything out and so I don’t bottle everything up and do something stupid, Jake and I started school again a week after the run in with our Dad, Jake said he’s glad to be back in a routine and I think the same we’re both still having a hard time coping with the death of our mum but everyday it gets a little easier, Dad’s officially locked away for good he even got sent back to New Zealand to be put in the Auckland Prison, he got given 15 years Jail time for everything he has done over the years the trial was only last week and he tried to guilt trip me while I was standing up trying to answer questions and it was really hard to hold back all my tears but I’m so happy he’s gone for now but 15 years is ages, so we won’t be seeing him in a long time! Hannah, Anne and Katie went back over to New Zealand to collect the last of there things and we decided instead of them moving in with us, that they’ll just buy the house that’s just two houses away that’s been up for sale for ages, Anne said that it would be better this way and she doesn’t want us to feel like she’s trying to take mum’s place and there isn’t enough room for everyone anyway. Now I was just scrolling through the 5 seconds of summer merchandise website waiting for Luke to come and pick me up for school. “What ya doing?” Luke say’s sitting beside me on my bed. “Just buying a poster for my band wall!” I say smiling at him. “I could just give you one for free?” He say’s. “Nope! I want to buy it!” I say kissing his cheek. “Okay, okay! Ready to leave?” He asks. “Yep!” I say and shut my laptop and roll off my bed, I grab my bag and follow Luke out my bedroom door. “See you Nessa! Good luck!” Jake yells from his bedroom, he had a teacher’s only day for some stupid reason so he was going out with Zoe somewhere, today for me was the first day of exams I had a major setback with the grieving of mum’s death but I’ve been putting a lot of effort into studying lately so hopefully it pays off, everyone’s been helping me out where the can, Harry’s been helping me with the Math side of things because he’s pretty good at Math and Stacey’s strong point is English so she’s been helping me out with that, Tesh’s been helping with History and the boy’s have been helping with Music, fingers crossed I pass. “Thanks Jake! Bye have a good day.” I yell back. “Yep! Bye.” He yells and me and Luke walk out the door and walk hand in hand to Hannah’s house, she was waiting outside sitting on her front step. “Morning!” She say’s and walks up to us. “Morning!” I say, smiling at her it’s so great having her here I missed her so much when she lived in New Zealand but now she’s here and it feels like we were never apart. Katie would normally walk with us too, but she this this horrible cold so she wasn’t coming to school today. “Ready for exams?” She asks. “As ready as I’m gonna be!” I say. We walk to school making small chit-chat about heaps of stuff, but mainly exams. “What you have first?” Hannah asks us. “We’ve got math exams first at 9:30.” Luke say’s. “Oh lovely, good luck! I’ll see you two later!” She say’s giving us both hugs and walking in the direction of the room where she had her Spanish exam, I thought it was a little unfair that she had to do exams when she’d only been at this school for a few weeks but all the teachers said that the stuff that she learnt in New Zealand is the same as what we learnt here so she’ll be fine. “GOOD LUCK!!” I yelled, she turned around and gave me the thumbs up and carried on walking, Luke and I walked to the hall where our maths exam was being held and took our seats and get started we had a hour and a half to complete it, I looked at the first page and thought to myself I can’t do this but then I thought about mum and how disappointed she’d be if I didn’t at least try so I put my head down and I started working through it slowly but confidently I just finished and put my pen down and then the bell rung, I collected my papers together and walked up to the front following all the other students and handed it in and then walked out the door next we had our music exams I waited for Luke to come out and then we walked hand in hand to the music department the music exam was in two parts we had to sit a test and perform to our teacher, which wasn’t to much trouble for me because I lived and breathed music. Ashton, Michael and Harry were waiting outside the door there opening was around the same time as ours, Cal was in there at the moment and you could feel the muffled sound of his singing. “How do you think you went?” Harry asked, he had just had his math exam too. “I’m confident!” I said smiling at him. “That’s great!!” He say’s, the door opens and Calum walks out. “Hey guy’s!” He say’s. “Vanessa your up!”  Mr Stanton say’s appearing at the door. “Good luck!” Everyone say’s, I mumble a thank you and follow Mr Stanton into the music room. “Are you nervous?” He asks. “Yep!” I say, picking up my guitar from where I left it yesterday. “No need to be nervous, you’re by far one of the most talented students at this school.” “Woah! No pressure.” I say. “Start when you’re ready!” He say’s smiling. I started strumming my guitar and then started singing I choose to sing Demi Lovato’s For The Love Of A Daughter.