Mario goes on a Diet

Plot: When Mario's unhealthy eating finally has consequences, Meggy juggles a second go at motherhood with health coaching to get him better.

(February 4th - 2023)

Sitting in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario was seen with a large table of food before him, dipping a triple decker Burger into some melted cheese before attempting to grossly stuff everything in his mouth.

As this happened, the door behind him opened and Meggy walked in, With the twins in a stroller. They shifted and babbled in their blankets as hearts bubbled over Meggy's head like a cartoon.

Meggy: Awe, you two are just the cutest little things!

They giggled as she adjusted their blanket, then she looked up and her eyes widened.

On the table nearby, Mario was literally stuffing everything he could find into his mind, determined to devour every single morsel of food left.

Meggy: Mario, what are you doing?

Mario: BREAKFAST.

Eating like a lawnmower, Meggy rolled the stroller down and gave Emily a Pacifier to use while lifting Alice out of her seat to give her a bottle.

Meggy: Red...that is so unhealthy. Keep this up and you're gonna get sick.

She picked up some strange food combo off the floor, some sort of extra spinach hotdog where the buns were replaced with fried and buttered fish. Mario suddenly snacked the whole with up, nearly taking off Meggy's hand.

Mario: Doctors called and said I'm...Morbidly A beast!

Meggy rolled her eyes and put Alice down to give Emily her bottle.

Meggy: He meant morbidly obese Mario, it's not the same-

The mood suddenly shifted as Mario stuffed another Turkey leg, grabbing his chest screaming in pain.

Meggy: Mario?!

Mario convulsed violently, before collapsing motionless on the ground. Meggy screamed in a panic, with both Alice and Emily now Crying loudly.

...

Later at the hospital, Meggy stood by Mario's bedside with somber eyes. The twins Were both being held in a carrier attached to Meggy, Alice on her back and Emily on her front.

Meggy: (Sigh) Now that your safe...(Leans in) I told you so...

Mario's typical response was to slowly give her the middle finger before collapsing back down as Meggy covered Emily's eyes.

Then the Medic suddenly flew into the room, looking at Mario's charts.

Mario: Doc, it's no big deal, right? This kinda thing happens to Mario all Th-

MEDIC: You're gonna die-

Mario and Meggy: WHAT!?

Mario's heart rate skyrocketed and beeped but it wasn't any louder the crying twins.

MEDIC: IF! You don't lose 1kg of weight by the end of the day.

Meggy furrowed her brow and tried to settle down the babies as she looked at Mario.

Meggy: Mario, looks like it's time for (Slowed down) A...DIET...