What if Mario was in Splatoon 3?

Plot: Temporarily disguised from Lawyer Kong's gaze, Meggy and Smg4 make their way to Inkopalis to Save Mario. Meanwhile, Crystal and Smg3 become unlikely allies to one another as dark secrets come to light...

(September 4th - 2022)

(Meggy Pregnancy: 19 weeks)

In the downtown area of Inkopalis, the entrance area that once held the final Splatfest Was lit only by dull red lamps and flashing build-boards.

Walking around hunting his prey, A yellow headed inkling walked with his splatter-shot at the ready. Then from above...

Mario flew down from above, splatter-shot in hand as he took out the inkling with a blast of red, landing unscathed.

Mario: Got him!

Miyamoto: And cut!

From the side, Miyamoto and his camera crew of Mario enemies were recording this for the next big thing.

Miyamoto: Great work super star!!! (Hugs Mario) This new Mario x Splatoon crossover Game is gonna be sooo good! Alright, that's a wrap everyone. See you in 10 years for the next Mario game!

Miyamoto left with the Camera crew, leaving Mario alone. He turned to leave when-

(WHAM!)

Meggy flew from the side and knocked him over, back in her Inkling form, sounding and looking just like she used too.

Meggy: Mario! I'm so glad to see you!! We're here to save you and-

Mario: Sorry, who are you?

Meggy: What? Oh! It's me Meggy! I just turned back into an inkling and...apparently that disguised the belly as well!

Mario: I'm sorry, I don't know anyone named Meggy. (Stands up) If you'll excuse me, I need to go save the Princess from Bowser.

Mario proceeded to leave as if nothing had happened, leaving Meggy even more confused.

Meggy: Wh-what...?

...

Just an hour earlier, Meggy and Smg4 stood in the desert as Meggy signed the Temporary IP contract. This immediately changed her back to her Inkling self as she looked in bewilderment.

Meggy: I'm...I'm my old Inkling self...

Smg4: Uh, I think you should be worried that your babies just...vanished?

Meggy looked alarmed for a minute, quickly putting her hands on her now flat stomach before sighing with relief.

Smg4: Whew...it's okay. I can still feel them moving, I guess the contract just hides the belly.

Smg4: Good. Other then that, how...how do you feel?

Meggy: I feel...I feel...AWESOME!!!!

Meggy started running around, Shooting ink everywhere and going in and out of Squid mode.

Meggy: I'm a squid again!!! Ahh, I've missed it so much!!!

Smg4: Great! Now you'll be considered part of Nintendo and allowed through that giant firewall!

Meggy: Hell yeah! Then we can rescue Mario and the others...

Meggy heard her phone and checked it, seeing Tari calling on the other end. She left a quick "Busy Babe, talk later." And put her phone away.

Smg4: You don't wanna call her back and tell her what's we're doing?