Finale: Ever After

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Euphoria.

Pure euphoric emotions gush inside your veins when you step inside the house. The house felt slightly chilly, but the heat of the familiar feeling and longing wraps you just fine. You felt like you could finally breathe. For reasons, you cannot simply explain, tears well in your eyes.

You can't explain how much you missed living in this space. The inanimate objects you once thought meant nothing to you feel all too precious now. You swore, you felt possessive over each and every corner of this house. This is your safe haven after all, a place where Jungkook brought you after pulling you out of the hell you lived in for years. In those years, you would've never imagined that you were capable to escape hell and land in the arms of heaven. This is your home, your paradise, yours. 

Jungkook leaves you to yourself to turn the heating on. The place remained exactly how you have left it. A detail that makes you happy, which means Jungkook himself didn't enter this house without you.

Your vision catches one of Zauqi's gaming consoles. Note to yourself, call Zauqi as soon as possible to let him know that he is coming back soon. He was currently with Jungkook's parents since all of you had to attend the ball. Although you hated the idea of him with them, you will have to admit they all have been treating Zauqi well.

They can accept Zauqi but never you, despite both of you coming into their life in a similar way.

You shake any unwanted grim thoughts away. Tonight is for you and Jungkook. Now that he is truly yours, you swore that you will never let him go. He is stuck with you forever now.

After you finish admiring, you notice Jungkook taking his nightwear and go to change and wash up. You do the same without sharing another word. There was a sudden awkwardness around you two but none of you was ready to call it out. Exhaustion wears you like skin and the bitterness from the previous night still was running fresh.

You are still mad at him for not responding to you last time when you confessed.

You come out of the bathroom, only to find your husband sitting on the bed. God, why is he so fucking beautiful? You momentarily freeze to observe the messy, ruffles of his brown hair. His hair is slightly long, even curly now. His eyes lazily bore into yours. He professionally wears an undetectable expression but his eyes gives it all away; they were hooded and darker than usual, irises splashing in deep colours, making you shudder under his naked gaze. He is wearing a silk, white shirt with a black pair of comfortable pants. A few buttons were unbuttoned, revealing those pecs of delicious chests and his toned muscles.

''I-I will take a shower.'' Did you just stutter?

Fuck him. Your brows draw together at the vulnerability you are feeling. His rejection stings more than any pain you have ever witnessed. You shouldn't be regretting that you said you love your husband but here you are.

A hand clutches your wrist before you can vanish from his sight. ''Y/n.'' He says your name like devotion. Seeing your eyes fixated elsewhere instead of him, ''Look at me.''

You do. Because no matter how pissed you are at him, you are still weak when it comes to him. ''What?''

You notice a slight twitch near his brows, ''You are mad at me.'' He doesn't ask but confirms.

''Am not.'' You give him a short answer.

His head tilts, eyes boring into you, making you feel naked and very exposed. It's like with him, your emotions are unhinged and cut open, only to serve them to the man before you. ''Same reason as you were for the whole day?''