24. Little Secret

Part two of the double update! Don't miss out the previous chapter. Thank you for reading<3 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Knock.

You were standing with Zauqi and waiting for Luna to come and open her door. You were going to Sarah's house for dinner and wanted to leave Zauqi to Luna's place for a bit.

You didn't wish to leave Zauqi alone after everything went down. With each passing second, you began to feel more possessive and protective over the kid. You may have accidentally hurt him before, but now you're willing to even kill if anybody even suggests harming the child.

Jungkook was waiting in the car, while you wait for Luna. What's taking her so long? You hear things being shuffled from inside her place, so you knew she's inside. Luna resided in a studio apartment, so it shouldn't take her that long to come to the door. "Luna! Open up!"

"Coming!"

She finally opens the door, revealing her messy, breathless state. She looked like she ran around like a headless chicken before opening the door.

"Sorry, I- um, what's up? Hey Zauqi!" She beams. You squint your eye in suspicion.

Your plan was to drop Zauqi off and go straight to Jungkook as you two were running late but seeing Luna trying to shield the doorframe, made your brow raise in question. Now you wanted to enter her space and invade her privacy to find out what is she hiding.

"Who's inside?"

"Huh? No one!" She answered too quickly.

You attempt to peek and Luna appears immediately to block your sight. "Why are you here early in the morning?" She tries to divert your attention.

"Early? It's almost 1 o'clock. Luna, you're hiding something from me."

"I'm not! Now, what do you want?" Her tone indicated she was starting to get irritated.

Then you catch. The shoes behind Luna; A pair of brown loafers. Not any loafers, those were Kim Taehyung's shoes.

You scoff. So this is what she's hiding. You smirk all of a sudden. Now you could see it all. Her breathless state, messy hair, tensed jaw. She was trying to hide Taehyung from your sight.

Deciding to play them, you shrug. "I'm here to drop Zauqi off for a bit. If you're not busy, can you babysit him for a few hours? We will be back before dinner."

"Sure!"

"Great. I will see ya."

You leave them be. You took more pleasure in knowing that you know a little secret and they are not aware of it.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Luna sighs, relieved after your departure. "Luna, what's wrong?" The kid next to her asks.

"Nothing." She dismisses with a smile, "Are you hungry? Do you want anything?"

He shakes his head. You already fed him breakfast before coming. He was full.

"Take a seat and watch TV, I will be back." She states before disappearing into the bathroom.

Luna never knew she would be babysitting her landlord's son. She never met Zauqi formally. Even when Zauqi came to her place with his dad a few times, Luna was too busy arguing with the landlord to notice the terrified kid next to him.

She has no idea where Zauqi's father is and what kind of mess he put himself in, she's only glad Zauqi is safe with you and out of the mess.

She locks the bathroom door before turning to the man.