38. Cold Shoulder

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
unedited

''Taehyung, are you listening to me?''

His eyes were closed, arms folded and head back against his chair, increasing the volume in his headphones so he could avoid even sparing a bit of his attention to his so-called wife. Eda groans loudly before calling again. Seeing the man not caring, her rage took over when she fast walks to the other side of the desk and pulls the headset off Taehyung. 

Taehyung's eyes snap open, ''What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the fuck are you in my office?'' He questions, voice loud and deep. ''Get the fuck out of my office!''

Taehyung, the youngest son of the Kim family. He was always good at keeping a facade on. Mastering the art of keeping a blank face; difficult for anyone to read his mind. When his parents asked him to marry Eda, he did. When he was faced with disastrous marriage and his wife asked him to mind his own business, he did. Not because he was a pushover but more because he never cared about anything or anyone. Growing up in this family made him disinterested and weary of everything. He breathed and carried on living because that was what was expected from him, not because he found joy or a purpose in living.

He was always invisible to everybody; his parents, his family business and even to his wife. But he didn't care, because he liked being invisible. That way, no one would have any expectations for him, no one will ask him why he loathed the attention that came with his surname. The surname that forced him to be used in a marriage alliance like he was some business transaction. 

He knew from a young age that such luxuries or the high societal status that his upbringing pushed down his throat was not for him. All he wanted was a normal life where he was allowed to express how he feels, or be given the freedom to make his own choices. A normal marriage, where he was allowed to feel loved and love a person the same way. 

He is a person who would laugh at his misery and avoid his problem instead of raising his voice and demanding confrontation when he was done wrong. Then why for the past few days, this control Taehyung had and took pride in beginning to snap? His mind consisted of one woman, and that was Luna. Seeing his wife on paper, made his blood boil. For once, he no longer wanted to avoid his problems but actually, face them. Demand confrontation; for him and the only woman that made him happy. 

''How dare you speak to me like that?!'' As if on cue, Eda's eyes moisten. 

''Spare me your fucking tears, Eda. Save those for Jungkook. Why are you here?'' He grabs her upper arm and creates a distance between them, not able to stand her proximity more than it was necessary. 

''You are meant to go to dinner with my family.'' She informs, earning a scoff from Taehyung. The scoff then turns into a laugh of mockery. ''Why the fuck are you laughing?!''

''At your audacity. Aren't you tired of being so fake and pretending that we are one big happy family? I can't stand you or your fucking family.'' Eda gasps, shocked at his admission. Since Taehyung decided to be transparent, he will not hold back. It's been a whole month of self-loathing and torture. It is damn time, he stops taking the stabs and returns a few darts at the deserved person. 

''You did not just say that!''

''Was that a newsflash? Wanna hear more? Tell your parents that I said big fat fuck you to them.''

Eda's eyes enlarge and mouth parts, ''Don't speak about my family like that!''

''Why not, my darling wife? You ruined my image in front of them, so why not go all out on that? Congratulations, Eda. Jungkook fucking hates my guts, I hope you're damn happy about it. How did it feel to snatch away the only person I liked in your family?'' Venom sprouts from his tone and he couldn't seem to tame it. The control in him snapped the second she decided to barge into his office, the only place where he finds some sort of solace without anybody disturbing his train of thoughts.