19. Zauqi

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

unedited

"She what?!" Jungkook's jaw reached the floor. A mixture of ambiguity and newfound relief washed over him. Did you care for someone enough to go out of your way to keep them safe in your presence? That doesn't sound like you, but Jungkook was not going to complain.

Jungkook came to check up on you at your break. He finished work early in order to visit you, just in case you have reached your limit of socialising and would like to go home.

He recalled many incidents where he had to leave whatever he was doing at that moment, and run to give you the attention you demanded. You weren't the most social with anyone else and only have Jungkook in your life. So, he understands if you felt lonely and required him to be near.

"Where is she?"

Speaking of you, you appear with an apron around your waist. Hair high up in a messy bun, face with minimal makeup, you looked tired yet the most endearing human being on earth to him. Jungkook automatically smiles at the sight of you before reaching you and pulling you into a warm kiss.

He never thought that seeing you in a uniform would turn him on this much but here he was. Will Namjoon mind if we occupy his office for a personal appointment? He thought to himself.

"Ew, get a room," Jimin called out from the counter.

Pushing Jungkook's chest gently, ''What were you talking about with Jimin? I heard my name.''

Jungkook glanced over to Jimin before answering. Usually, he wouldn't have confessed but today was an exception. He was too excited to hear that you took an initiative to keep Zauqi safe. ''I was just telling Jimin how proud I am of you that you took care of Zauqi.'' He kisses your right cheek.

His innocent and wishful statement should make you feel good, but that was not the case. ''Excuse me.'' You excuse yourself to enter the bathroom. You felt sudden panic rising in your chest. You do not like this. No no no... You cannot make someone proud by being kind. This isn't you.

This world is hell for you. You refuse to give anything in return to this fucked up world.

You are not caring.

You are not prideful. Jimin, Namjoon or Luna and now Jungkook... they all are thinking wrong.

A knock disrupted your anxious thoughts. ''Baby, you okay?'' Jungkook called out.

You look yourself in the mirror, ''This is not me.'' You capture a tear in the corner of your eye that appeared due to frustration. ''And I will prove it to them.''

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Namjoon requested everyone to stay back and help him clean the workspace. After an hour of cleaning, he ordered a few boxes of pizza and fries for everyone as a treat. 

While you were outside, in the backyard with Taehyung and Yoongi who had gone for a smoking break, Jungkook almost adopted Zauqi. He didn't know how to thank him enough or even express his gratitude for igniting a change in you. 

''Oh my God! Finally! I was starving.'' Jimin grunts while greedily opening the boxes. ''Y/N! TAE! YOONGI! FOOD'S HERE!''

Zauqi felt hesitant to grab a slice. Noticing his instinctive behaviour, Jungkook placed his hand on the back. ''Come on, They are all for you!'' He enthused, snatching the boxes from Jimin. To him, he isn't a mere child whom he is showing his kindness, but a newfound hope to change your life for the best.