08. When I met you (Bonus)

Three years ago

Wake up. Work. Impress.

Repeat.

Jungkook sighed before composing himself and posturing straight. 

He was taught to be perfect, to be the best at everything he does and says. His father is an example of excellence in the field he worked in. Everyone respected him, everyone praised him. His pride and reputation was everything to him whereas his children and family always chased after him. His father expected him to be the very same, and like the ideal son he is, he delivered.

He finished the second meeting of the day. He checked the watch on his wrist, telling him how he has an appointment to meet an old friend. Ever since he graduated and took over his father's legacy, Jungkook seemed to forget that he too is young and has a social life to live.

Giving a fake, practised smile, he shakes his hand with the investor. ''Good work, Mr Jeon Jungkook.''

He caught a glimpse of himself at the mirror after the investor had left. His outfit was too perfect, and his hair was too nicely done. The perfection on his feature and attire even after the long day bothered him more than it should.

He was always expected to be at his very best. He was born to be the perfect product of his parents and a perfect brother to his sister. Even in school, he was taught to be the role model of a student who always did what was morally right. 

Morals

What are even morals? In textbooks, in society, they always preach about morals. If you act like the societal norm that they created, you are considered normal and right. If you are slightly different, then you are no longer considered to be a role model but an outcast. Everyone fears that. And Jungkook never understood the internalised fear everyone had about being an outcast and morally wrong.

Heck, there are even people existing wearing uniforms in court to judge who is morally wrong and right. ''Hey, Jungkook!'' Jungkook hears his friend calling. 

He turns and finds Seokjin standing. Here come those people who are the judge of morals. Jin is a prosecutor, a good one that is. At that time, the waitress found herself stumbling on her steps and falling to the ground along with the food plates in hand. Jungkook watches Jin helping the poor girl where he was simply watching, offering no help.

Jungkook was used to that. He always minded his own business. That is what his father taught him; always help yourself and run towards success, don't look back to see who is he hurting in order to climb the height of success.

Hence he didn't bother to even spare a glance towards the girl's state or even contemplated helping her. Not his friend though, Jin was always a man who thought of others before himself.

After finishing, the girl showed her gratitude and Jin smilingly accepts before coming towards Jungkook. Jungkook knew Jin didn't simply want to meet up due to their friendship, he came here to ask for a favour. 

''What do you want, Jin?''

Jin raises his brow. Not questioning his wit, he comes straight to the point. ''I suspect your investor being part of an illegal scheme. I need your help to get to him.''

Jungkook creases his brow. He sighed, already feeling tired. He isn't concerned about his business partner, he was more worried about his own company reputation that will go down along with this case. He is not looking forward to facing his enraged father.

''Seriously?''

''Yep. Are you helping?''

''What kind of illegal scheme.''