46. Slip of a tongue

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
unedited

''Good morning, Moon.'' Taehyung's deep voice grumbles sleepily as he opens his eyes to Luna's voice. 

''Yeah, yeah good morning, your majesty. Now get your ass up and help me with the breakfast!'' She scolds. With a chuckle, the male grabs her wrist and pulls her into the bed, in his arm. Luna's scowl relaxes immediately as Taehyung hums in comfort. 

''God, I could get used to this...'' Taehyung sighs, closing his eyes. Luna blushes and forgets about her surroundings momentarily as she found herself melting in his arm. When was the last time she felt so truly happy and at peace? 

However, their moment was interrupted by a sudden cough. Both immediately scoot away from one another as if electrocuted. Luna clears her throat when she witnesses Isaac standing with his arms folded and glowering at the duo in question. 

''Oh right! Your cereal is on the table, Isaac!'' With that, Luna sprints into the kitchen leaving both by themselves. 

Taehyung awkwardly laughs out loud and mentally curses Luna for throwing him under the bus, in this case, under her little brother's heated glare. ''Hi, good morning, Isaac!''

''Don't you have your own house, Mister?''

''Ah, you don't have to call me mister, you know my name-''

''I know.'' Isaac deadpans. ''I asked you a question.''

Rubbing the nape of his neck, Taehyung replies. ''Ah yes, I do.''

''Then why are you here 24/7? My sister already has a lot on her plate. She doesn't need to babysit a 40-year-old man.''

''Hey! I am not 40! I am only 27-''

''Same thing.'' Isaac rolls his eyes before moving himself to the little dining table, leaving a baffled Taehyung alone. 

Luna couldn't help but chuckle at the grilling Taehyung has been receiving. What can she do? Her baby brother is hellbent on whoever made his sister cry and his first impression of Taehyung hasn't been too great. 

Before she could reach Taehyung to give him a reassuring pat, her phone begins to ring. Seeing your name early in the morning surprised her, but nevertheless, she picks up.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

''Luna- Luna... Jungkook.'' A sob breaks through your throat. You felt helpless, not knowing what to do. Wringing your hands and feeling defenceless as you tried to get the words out. 

''Y/n, first of all, stop crying. Now, what happened?'' She spoke from the other side of the phone. You take a deep breath, hands still trembling in fear when you try to calm yourself down. 

''I don't know what happened but I woke up this morning with his body feeling like fire. He is in pain, Luna. I don't know what to do.'' 

This morning you woke up with Jungkook sleeping next to you. It wouldn't have been weird if your relationship was like before. But, ever since you moved into his apartment, he always makes sure to wake up before you and leave for work. So, you were coloured surprised when you saw him still sleeping beside you. You wanted to enjoy the moment until you heard him lament in his sleep as if in pain. You tried to call him but no response came your way. And when you touched his cheeks, you swatted your hands away as if burned. 

Ever since then, all you have been doing is panic until you couldn't take anymore and call Luna. 

''Y/n, he is ill. Don't panic-''