11. Odd encounter

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

You watch your sister-in-law's eyes forming into various shapes and colours of hatred. She couldn't believe her ears. Before she could come forward and snatch your arrogance away, you hear a female voice calling your name.

''Y/n?'' Luna walks towards you, interrupting your session with Eda. Eda looks away from you momentarily to glare at Luna. The girl, on the other hand, was too occupied to call you that she had forgotten that her boss was present. "You're here! I wanted to see you and apologise-"

"Can you not see we are talking?" Eda quickly inserts, making Luna flinch abruptly.

Luna's eyes enlarge and her body goes into an automatic bow of apology. She was too used to saying sorry to others that it came naturally at this point.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Kim I didn't see you-"

"It's Miss Jeon and get lost."

You have never seen Eda speaking badly to others. Her sophisticated manner to always be in her best appearance never allowed her.

"Luna can stay." You speak directly. You glare at your sister-in-law. "And you can find who is warming your husband's bed by yourself." You smirk, feeling glad about the fire you just ignited.

"I wanted to call you but I didn't have your number, Y/n-" Luna regardless tries to finish her sentence when Eda angrily cuts her off again, "Excuse me? Why are you still here? Didn't I tell you to leave?"

Luna's mouth opens and closes repeatedly. She wanted to say a lot more but as usual, she bit herself self-respect. "Y/n, I will see you later. I wanted to apologise for kicking you out and shouting at you. Also thank you for all the stuff you've left me." After that, she gives Eda a final glance before leaving.

"I will take my leave too."

"No, you're not! Finish what you're saying!"

"Bye!" You don't let her stop you. You come out of the restaurant and pick your phone to check the time. Where is Jungkook? He should know by now how much you hate waiting. He's half an hour late. However, what was slowly edging you towards uneasiness is that he isn't picking your phone up.

You leave a huff before turning and taking a seat on one of the benches. Opposite you, there was a convenience store. You look around and find the area deserted, only a girl working inside the store.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Jungkook runs before calling your name out to grab your attention. Your frown is what he meets instead. He knew you were annoyed at him and not wanting to grill the frustration further, he apologises immediately, "Sorry. Mum is kept me in." He lies, not wanting to distress you by alarming you about Sarah.

"You kept me waiting."  You snap. "I hate your mum. She annoys me."

"I know baby. But she's still my mother. I am required to go after her when she calls me."

"The only thing that woman ever did good is birthing you." You roll your eyes, earning a low chuckle from your husband. He never gets offended when you speak ill about his parents.

"But I appreciate you for always behaving around them when I tell you so." He places a kiss against your cheek.

"I never behave. You cannot order me." You felt the need to clarify. Was it to him or to yourself? Who needed that confirmation?

Flashback of your past and you serving Saki flashes before your eyes for a brief moment. When will he stop haunting you?

You don't listen to anyone. You don't take orders. Not from Saki, not from Jungkook.