21. A step closer

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Zauqi is fine, Y/n." He yawned after repeating for the sixteenth time tonight. With that being said, he simply returns to his slumber.

You, on the other hand, had trouble finding the comfort of sleep. Jungkook's body radiated enough warmth and serenity for you to rest, but your mind instead wondered if Zauqi got the same in hospital.

Jungkook asserted he will visit the hospital in the morning after dropping you off at work. And here you were considering if it's a good idea for you to accompany him.

I hurt him. He doesn't want to see me. You repeat in your head.

The night passed with your own cognitive dissonance.

Morning rolled by and Jungkook stretched to wake up. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to find your side of the bed empty.

Concern peaked his senses when he instantly gets up and begin to call out your name, "Y/n?!"

"I'm here!" You call out before he freaked out. Jungkook blinks twice upon seeing you beaming in front of the door. Rubbing his eyes to get a clear vision, he stares.

You were dressed up head to toe, ready to launch yourself out of the house at any given minute. "Y/n? What's going on?" He looks at the clock stating that it's 9 am. "Where are you going so early in the morning."

"Hoseok called. He invited us to a picnic."

"Picnic? At this hour?" He asked. Since when did you care about picnics? Hoseok, your therapist tried a lot of times to make you attend various social occasions but you never even glanced at him twice after rejecting his advances.

"Well not now. He asked me to cook something. Everyone is bringing their own food." You answer before clutching his wrist and taking him to the kitchen. "I just got ready early."

"And who's everyone?" He asks while eyeing the kitchen. You emptied every single cabinet; all the utensils, plates and ingredients you could find. It was always Jungkook who cooks most of the time, so seeing you so eager to cook for the first time surprised him the most.

"Hope is coming. Taehyung, Luna, Namjoon, Jimin and..." You pause, "Zauqi."

"He is?"

"He got discharged and Luna is bringing him to the picnic." You inform, not sparing a glance at him. Knowing Jungkook, he will catch on to your reluctance. 

Jungkook wanted to ask where did you get all these pieces of information from and when was this picnic even planned. But seeing you so enthusiastic about doing something for once made him halt down his curiosity.

"Well, let's get to cooking then!" He claps.

"First wash your mouth." You push him away from the kitchen door.

''But you need help-''

''I don't!''

.

.

.

''I do.'' You stand before him, clothes covered with sticky flour, egg yolks and other liquids he couldn't distinguish. Jungkook gawks in bafflement, trying his utmost best to not burst into laughter.

He scans you from head to toe and when his eyes catch your angry frown. Seeing your flour-slammed face, he couldn't control it any further. The loudest snort followed by his boom of laughter rings your ears. ''Can you stop laughing? This isn't funny.''

''Baby, you look so fucking adorable.'' He leans to peck you but paused for a second in order to find an empty, clean spot on your skin. He nevertheless kisses your lips before scrunching his nose, ''You stink-''