10. Therapy

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
unedited

"So."

"So?" Your therapist proceeds. You watch the annoying smile being plastered on him. You have been meeting him every month, atleast once or twice, ever since you got married to Jungkook.

One of Jungkook's marriage conditions was that you have to attend therapy sessions frequently. You never understood Jungkook's obsession with making absurd demands and rules when it came to you, but you needed him so you did not have any rooms to complain. Not skipping meals, taking medications regularly and visiting doctors frequently and many more things you could name it. At this point, you feel like he's raising a child in the name of you. You roll your eyes at the thoughts.

"So?" Jung Hoseok, your therapist repeated.

As usual, he isn't getting anything from you. This was your 36th session with him, yet you didn't open up, not even for a slight amount. You originally thought Hoseok will give up helping your so-called 'trauma'. To be honest, even if Hoseok wants to give up on you, Jungkook would've refused to let him.

"Listen, Hoseok. I can't be asked for this. Get me more food. I need to somehow live through this entire hour of the appointment."

The cheerful male beams at you before getting the microwaved sandwich out of his mini-oven. "Oh come on! Spending time with me isn't that bad. I have prepared your usual order, madam. I hope you like my service!" He smirks before coming with the plate.

You are not allowed to eat tuna sandwiches. You don't know from whom and where Jungkook heard that tuna sandwich is bad for people with panic disorder. But your husband refuses to fact check it and no matter how much Hoseok or any professional tries to explain, Jungkook refuses to take any chances on that. 

You were never a fan of tuna sandwiches but ever since you're forbidden from it, your cravings for it worsened. Hoseok, being the angelic human he is, always prepares one for you behind Jungkook's back.

"If your husband found out what we do during our session, he will find a way to kick me out of existence." Hoseok sighs. There was something about Hoseok,  maybe his easy-going personality that always made you feel less concerned and pressurised to act a certain way.

You take a big bite off the sandwich and munch loudly. "Slow down. Some will even say that he doesn't give you any food." He snickers once again. You didn't find it funny so you carry on eating.

"Shut up. Let me eat. Go do something else."

"Sure, make sure you brush your teeth, so your breath doesn't smell like fish and we get busted." He lets out yet another laughter.

"Haha, Funny."

"Right!" Hoseok claps. "One day you will find me so funny!"

Hoseok always acts like you are his friend. That wasn't the case. He is not your friend; at least not to you. You maybe have been confined for a long period of time, but you know well enough how fake therapists are with their fake sympathy and pretended friendly behaviours. He's only putting on a show so you spill all your emotions out.

You will never agree to show your weakness to him. Never. "You know Mickey is sick these days." He continues to talk. One thing about Hoseok is that he never stops talking.

Mickey is his dog, who often is brought to his clinic. Your eyes widen as soon as you hear the name. You freeze and gawk at Hoseok. Your therapist falls into a snort of laughter, "Calm down! Mickey is at home."

You breathe in relief. Children and animals scare you. They may be the most vulnerable creatures to exist but they are the most dangerous too. All they have to do is act adorable in order to manipulate and bewitch humans.