25. Friend

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It's safe to say, you weren't feeling particularly the best. You couldn't really shake the thought of the party that is meant to be taking place tonight.

"Snap out, Angel. We have some work to do!" You hear Jimin's voice. You do as he asks, and glance over the forms in your hand. You're meant to organise them according to the appointments and here you are, slacking and stressing about Sarah's party. This is why I don't do parties. 

"Leave her alone and do your own work," Namjoon calls out. 

You look at your boss and give him a mutual nod. As you were about to head out of the room, he calls for your attention. "Um, Y/n." You send him a natural glare. It was a natural response to send a scowl to anyone trying to talk to you, you couldn't help it. "Okay, if you're not in the mood, I can ask later." He chuckles shyly upon seeing your reluctant gesture.

You dart at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

"You look mad."

"I'm not mad." You announce, simply.

"Oh right. Um, I was going to ask if you would like to join me on a little business trip out of town. It's not too far. About three hours away from here."

Your muscles ease, you didn't expect that. You peek at Yoongi, who was busy tattooing a client. Your attention moves to Jimin, who was typing away something on the computer. There were two other people in the place, yet he only came to you for the favour.

"They are not coming. They have to stay here to look over the shop. And I need a partner to help me out with my project. If you're not comfortable yet then it's fine-"

"No." You quickly blurt out. "That's not it." You mutter, now you felt shy all of a sudden. Your own reaction was foreign to you. So off and different for someone to be wanting your presence without them feeling forced and repulsive towards you.

You wanted to say yes. "I have to ask Jungkook." You inform. "Can I let you know by tonight?"

"Perfect." The dimple man smiles. You could detect the redness on his ears. He was blushing. How can a man be so broad and strong, with arms and chest filled with tattoos but have a such timid personality? You wonder once again.

Namjoon gets busy with his assignment. Midst of your own work, you walk near his table and catch a glimpse of what he was working on. He was sketching a design, a beautiful one if you may add.

It was extremely detailed; various shaped daisies, each petal filled with some sort of writing and small, intricate compositions. You wonder who requested such illustration but you must admit, the person did a good job trusting Namjoon to design their personal piece, which is to be permanently inked on their body.

You didn't realise how long you stood there, admiring the sketch and lost in your own thoughts.

You like drawing. Well, liked. Pointing to a tattoo parlour that night and demanding to work here wasn't a coincidence. You willingly wanted to work here. You had an eye on this shop for a long time. You always are upfront about your needs and wishes to Jungkook as your husband never fails to fulfil them. Yet, you never expressed to him that your interest in working in a tattoo shop was a long-term wish of yours.

You pushed your minds to play the series of your childhood memories. Your parents owned a similar tattoo parlour, although it didn't quite work well and your family was pushed to the lower working class of the community in the end. Despite the financial struggles, your family wasn't the worst. They let their creativity flow and by getting influenced by your own father, you also picked up the hobby of drawing and sketching small designs.