01. Husband, dearest.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Emotions.

They are raw and fragile. And somewhat funny to you; what is this darn thing anyway? Makes us weak and vulnerable. Emotions causes expectations to grow and rules to be made; how you should treat someone, how you should behave and act in front of someone etc... 

Apparently, people get hurt by your words, so there are certain rules on how one should be mindful of someone else's emotions. Pfft, what a joke. How do they expect me to take care of someone else's emotions when my own makes me terrified and confused. I can't deal with my own yet I have responsibilities over others feelings.

As you walked inside the suffocating box called the office, you already felt the urge to roll your eyes. And you did. There was no hesitation before you passed a scowl at a woman that caught your eyes. Your eyes were focused on the door that was few metres away from you. However, before you could reach it, a small figure bumped into you.

''What the fuck.'' You lowly return, looking down at a little girl. 

The child smiles, before passing a chuckle at you. ''I am sorry!'' She looked too friendly, too happy to your liking.

 She had a doll against her hold. You eyed the soulless figurine in her arms, you could tell that little doll was being treated with great care. It had braids and colourful hair bubbles on the head. The outfit the figure wore was too colourful, too bright. The plastic being wore a permanent grin that was irking your blood up. You let out a scoff seeing the doll looking happier than an actual human. 

With a smirk, you tilt your head and glare at the girl. She was still smiling and perhaps waiting for you to greet her back. ''What's that?'' You ask.

''This is my dolly!''

''She looks scared.''

The little girl's eyes move to her doll with a slight worry blanketing her face. She stops smiling, and that's what you liked. ''Really? Where? My dolly is smiling. Look!''

''She's crying.'' You urge your voice to feel disheartened. ''Her smile is fake.''

''No!''

''She wants to die because she feels suffocated around you. Every time you touch her, she wants to kill herself.''

''No!'' The girl's lip quivered in fear and distress. She glances sadly at her doll. 

''You know why she wants to kill herself?'' You duck down to lean closer to her face and whisper. Her terrified eyes gawked at you. You touch her cheeks before lightly running your fingers. You grab her chin and make her look right in your eyes.

''W-why?''

''Because she hates you. You disgust her.''

The girl's lower lips tremble in fear before she lets out a loud cry. You smile and stand straight. The second later, you find a woman running to her. ''Neima!'' She calls her child. Upon seeing you, she halts and bows apologetically. ''Good morning, Mrs Jeon! Neima, what are you doing here!''

''Get your kid away from my face.'' You send her a glare. She terrifyingly nods before taking the girl into her hold and run from your sight. 

That ruined your mood. 

You continue the journey to the door. However, just when you are about to reach, yet another person obstructs you. ''Sorry, ma'am, you cannot go inside. Mr Jeon is in a meeting.''

A brow automatically arches up at her words. She is the new secretary of your husband. She's new at work and hasn't met you yet. As much as you wanted to laugh at her enthusiasm, you knew it would be more amusing to see her eagerness to do her best at work crumble day by day before your eyes.