50. Trust

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

''She- she tried to hurt me.'' Eda trembles with each remark rolling out of her mouth. Even under Jungkook's soothing and warm palms, she shakes like a leaf. You knew her fear was real to a certain degree, but the tears she was forcing out is all utter bullshit and for that, you wanted to swing a bottle on her head and this time for real. ''Scratch that, she did hurt me!'' Eda reveals the red marks around her throat. 

You stood there silently. 

You are not weak, Y/n. Be strong. You tell yourself. 

Then why do you feel so miserable right now? You have hurt a lot of people unapologetically. Be it with your words or fist. But each time, you always had Jungkook's back, his gentle words reminding you that you are not a monster. 

But now? He isn't there by your side. Gentle words were slowly vanishing off your head, leaving a hollow feeling, telling you just how much an awful being you are. 

You wouldn't cry. Crying is for the weaklings. And you're not weak. Right?

Your sight proceeds to your husband, hugging the woman who hurt your friend. He can see the pain you inflicted on his sister, but, he is unaware of the torments deep within you. And how much it hurts to see him soothing someone else's pain, instead of yours.

Usually, you would be indifferent to people's opinions on your actions. But fuck, it matters now. Your husband's opinion matters so much that every fibre of your being is quivering in sheer pain. 

He hates me. I failed him. Again.

And this time, he will never come. 

He promised. And Jungkook never breaks his promises, not even when it comes to you. He will never come back because you broke your side of the deal, you hurt someone severely and almost choked Eda to death. 

Hell, you usually would even fight and scream back, standing up for yourself. But this time, none of it came. You could only watch your husband, who was looking at you with an unreadable expression. Possibly disappointment. 

You look away. Because no matter how strong you are, it is not enough to face the disappointment in his eyes. 

No, Y/n. Don't cry. Don't you fucking cry. 

Your eyes betray you as it stings and a burn comes, leaving your eyes to soak in a matter of seconds. You lost your husband. This time, officially. This time you have done everything, you have said and confessed everything. There was nothing else left in you to offer, nothing to bargain in return for his time and feelings. 

''She was horrible! Jungkook she almost killed me.'' Eda continues. You momentarily snap out of your own haze and watch Eda rambling away. You couldn't hear her though. The world around you felt like a silent movie. There were moving mouths, judgemental eyes and accusing fingers but nothing felt more important enough than the only person's opinion you cared about, who was silently listening to what his sister had to offer. ''And then... she attacked Mr Ken with the bottle.''

What was she talking about? You wish you heard what she had to say but then again, it was probably filled with lies that Jungkook would rather believe. 

''That's bullshit!'' Jin comes ahead. ''Come on, Jungkook. Think about Y/n, she will never do that!''

What will I never do? What are they talking about? Fuck, why can't you focus? Why is your head spinning like this?

''Really, Jin? Look at Ken.'' She points at the squirming man in the corner, who's being helped by one of your friends. ''All of us know, she is capable of hurting anyone. So why can't you see that she is also willing to kill anyone? She was going to kill me before you guys interrupted. She told me.''