37. Stolen cuddles

Unedited

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

If he thought you would easily agree with the sleeping arrangements set by him, then he had another thing coming. After changing into comfortable shorts, you tiptoe your way to his room.

You knew he wasn't sleeping and very much awake. But still, you tip-toed your way to the bed, sneaking in as if your husband isn't simply staring at your silhouette lurking in the dark.

With a proud smile, you slide under the blanket, next to him.

You hear him sigh out loud, "We are not sleeping on the same bed,'' Jungkook grumbles before getting up and turning the bedside lamp on.

Rolling your eyes, you also sit up. ''Can you not say yes to at least one thing tonight?'' Your hands meet together to fold. Jungkook, instead of replying, goes to the cupboard to get the extra set of blankets out. ''Seriously? And now you will act like you can't even hear me?''

''You seem to have forgotten what I said earlier. You are not going to disturb me until the morning. And you better be gone from this apartment before I wake up.''

''Yeah, yeah. I heard you the first time, but that doesn't mean that I will listen to it. Now, come and sleep by my side.''

''Suit yourself then.'' He ignores your attempt and turns to leave the room.  ''I will sleep in the spare room.'' Damn him for getting a two-bedroom flat. Couldn't it be tiny and limited like Luna's studio apartment so he has no choice but to be stuck in the same room as you?

You can't leave him alone in the room. Most likely, he will not get any sleep. If you want to make sure he sleeps tonight, you will have to force him to sleep with you. Ugh, if only there was just one bed...

An idea sparks your mind. One bed, huh? You bounce on the mattress slightly to test the sturdiness of the bed. Meeting the rigid surface of the mattress, you quickly figure that the bed barely even moved with your weight. You then stand up and begin to jump; still no hint of the bed budging. The bed frame was too strong to even creak. What the fuck? Who built this bed?

But, you aren't one to give up. You get up and scan the room to find any object that could come useful. You need to break this damn bed so Jungkook has no choice but to share his bed with you.

You open his cupboard and find it almost empty. There are only a few clothes and necessities lying on the sad shelves of the wardrobe. Defeated, you slam the door shut.

As soon as the door slides closed, Jungkook's face pops up from the side, making you flinch with a jumpscare. ''Holy fuck! Jungkook!'' Gulping, you place your hand on your beating heart. ''You almost gave me a heart attack!''

Not bothering to answer your dramatics, he folds his arms together and glares at you, displeased. ''What are you trying to do now? Break the bed?'' He easily reads your intention. 

Damn this man and his ability to read your mind.

''No? What makes you think that?! I can make you share the bed without breaking any beds.'' You challenge, mirroring the same passionate glare to him.

Raising a single, attractive brow, ''So you were trying to get me on the same bed as you?'' He queries.

Instead of dodging the question, you accept it without any shame. ''Yes, I am. I want to sleep with you like the old times.''

''Nothing is like the old time. So, give up! I am here to tell you that you won't find anything useful to break anything in this household, so don't waste your energy. Even if you manage to break the bed somehow, I will sleep on the couch.''