43: A slap to remember

Here is another update! Don't forget to check out the previous chapter I updated yesterday if you haven't already and happy reading!

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

''Can you stop being so fucking difficult all the time?'' Eda finds herself cursing again. As if these days she no longer has control over her emotions. Her silk gown draped around her body elegantly when she stepped outside the car with her husband. 

''You forced me to come here, Eda.'' Taehyung snaps back. As he promised, he will no longer mask his emotions. 

''You are not a child. So maybe don't act like one.''

''You are right. I am not.'' He turns to her. ''So how about you be an adult too and don't be difficult and do whatever my lawyer says.''

Forgetting the public space, near the entrance of the event hall, where all the guards are their audiences, Eda fumes before clutching Taehyung's arm to prevent him from walking. ''I am not giving you a divorce!''

''I didn't ask you what you could give me, I am letting you know what will fucking happen, Eda. Because one thing I asked from this marriage, you didn't give me.'' As he conversed, angry tears wells up in her eyes. ''Cut the crap, Eda. Those tears will not work on me. Now, let's go and act like the happy couple we are for the last few days.'' 

''You can't do this to me! I am pregnant, Taehyung. You cannot leave me!''

''I feel sorry for the innocent child in your womb but you will no longer use me as you please. Four years of marriage with you where you had your ways, not giving two flying fucks about me is enough. I am not a fucking trophy on your shelf of achievement, Eda. Don't make this any hard for us and let this weird obsession of creating a fake, perfect image of yourself go. I didn't have anything to fight for before, so I let you be. But now I do.''

''So, this is about that girl? She ruined it all. That fucking-''

''I will be careful how I end that sentence if I was you.'' Gaze filled with warning promises, Taehyung walks off. Leaving Eda shaking with pure fury. The woman shuts her eyes and takes a few deep breaths to compose herself. 

All I need is time to think this through and come up with a solution. If one thing her father taught her then that is; 'There's nothing in this world that doesn't have a solution. It either exists on its own or you will have to make one.'

After the conference ends, they all were directed to what seemed like a ballroom with intricate and refined decors. There were a few servers wandering around in service. The room fills with faint, classical music playing from the speakers. Businesses and a few political figures were present in the room, easily chatting away. Tahyung felt the back of his head pounding when Eda clutches his forearm, displaying the fake, trained smile featuring her sophisticated greeting every time any figure attempted to make small talk with them. ''Oh look, my parents are there. Let's go.''

Without saying anything, Taehyung follows. Hoping that if he doesn't protest, the torturous night will come to an end sooner. Before they could reach Eda's parents, Eda's vision detects a figure, dressed in a server's uniform. Upon following her eyes, Taehyung views the person that captivated his wife's attention, Luna

All the previous anger came crashing down on Eda. She couldn't help but see various shades of red as she considers the girl that ruined her life, and lifelong plans by luring her husband. ''Oh look who that is.''

Sensing the trouble looming in her tone, ''Eda, don't you fucking dare-''

Too late. Eda marches down the hall to reach the girl who was simply doing her job with a smile on her face.