②⓪.

║Omniscient║January Monday 4:22PM

Omniscient
January
Monday 4:22PM

Rubbing her hand over her small baby bump, she sat zoned out. Disconnected from reality for the past month and living in a trance. Though life was moving forward, she felt stuck in a never ending loop. Forced to relive the horrors of that night through dreams every time she shut her eyes.

"Chassidy?"

"Chassidy, are you listening?"

Waking from her deep thoughts, Chassidy stared up at her therapist, Monica who sat waiting for an answer.

"I—I'm sorry, what were you saying?" Chassidy stumbled on her words, realizing she was blanking out again.

Her therapist took notice and let out a deep sigh, growing worried about Chassidy's mental health.

"Would you like to end our session early?" The therapist asked, pushing her glasses back up against her face, "I don't think you're well enough to finish today."

"No," Chassidy spoke, "I am...repeat the question please."

Monica could see Chassidy didn't get far when it came to talking about what happened that night at the club. She could get past a few sentences and then she'd blank out completely. Chassidy was suffering severely from PTSD and it was affecting portions of her memory. It was also extremely stress-inducing on her baby, especially since she was now a single mom. She only had her friends around for support but if anything, she really wanted her baby's father to be by her side at this moment.

"My question," Monica spoke while writing a few things down, "Are you still having the night terrors?"

"Um," Chassidy started, swallowing the lump forming in her throat, "I think they've kinda stopped actually."

"When was the last time you had a full eight hours of sleep?" Her therapist questioned next, raising a brow.

"Two days ago, or...yesterday." Chassidy lied, knowing she really hadn't slept at all the whole entire week, probably 20 minutes every day but that was about it. The dark bags under her eyes however told her therapist the real answer.

"It doesn't look like you've slept..." Monica replied with a deep sigh. She was having a really hard time getting Chassidy to open up but she was patient, "Chassidy, be as truthful as you can."

A silence say between them, Chassidy's eyes roaming the room mindlessly. She sat twirling her thumbs together as her anxiety spiked at each question that was being asked. She felt sick to her stomach but still she finally spoke what was on her mind.