211 - How are you these days?

#211
How are you these days?

Jo Tae-woong and Kim Ju-yeong groaned at the sound of Lee Hyun-ah's voice. They quickly cleaned up their surroundings and stood side by side to greet Lee Hyun-ah.

"Hello!"

Water droplets fell from Jo Tae-woong's skinny head.

“How is the work going?”

"That is… .”

“Is it not doing well?”

Recalling that the two had been arguing earlier, Lee Hyun-ah sat down on the chair Jo Tae-woong had prepared for her and went straight to the point.

“Is there a song you want me to hear? I'll give it a listen.”

"Yes."

Kim Juyeong played the second song desperately needing a mentor's opinion. Lee Hyunah listened silently, then she motioned for him to turn off the music.

She didn't even listen to all of it and turned it off right away. Kim Ju-yeong and Jo Tae-woong gulped down their saliva as it didn't sound like anything good would come out.

“Can I be honest with you?”

"Yes."

“It’s like a decent dance song.”

Kim Ju-yeong and Jo Tae-woong drooped their shoulders.

“By the way, what is the theme of the song? Like a genre.”

"Actually… I just made it as I went.”

"I see."

Lee Hyun-ah nodded her head. He made it according to his hand, and at this level, he did a good job.

“There are things you thought about overturning earlier and something I felt while listening to the song now… . I think you're unsure of the song.”

Kim Joo-young swallowed her breath as if he had stabbed her in the middle.

“Is there anything you want to say through the song?”

“What I want to say… I really don't know what to do.”

“Don't think too hard. Whether it's a song dedicated to the fans or something about what you're thinking. I think it would be nice to solve that with a song.”

Seeing the two of them still making complex expressions, Lee Hyun-ah smiled calmly.

“There is no better material than experience. If nothing comes to mind, there are ways, you can write the lyrics first and match the music to the lyrics.”

She knew that this survival is about picking a title song, but she thought the essence is to compose music that is as good as the title anyway.

“The title is important. But the priority is to make songs that people can listen to first.”

“… … .”

“And, of course, a good song will be the title. First of all, do what you want to do without thinking about the title.”

Kim Ju-yeong made his eyes shine.

'Then, wouldn't it be alright if I cut out the performance a bit?'

Most of their songs are dance songs centered on powerful performances, so he thought of them more as dance songs.