𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢-

sixteen years later-

y/n-

"bella shush" scorpius laughs, holding his sister in his arms, trying to keep her quiet, since she was only two and didn't understand the concept of being quiet.

"daddy's old" she giggles, somehow draco was still sleeping, and i was trying to surprise him with a cake for his birthday, but four out of six children were causing a problem.

scorpius was the oldest at 16, then a year younger was scarlette, 15.

then we had our 9 year old, zander, then the set of 4 year old twins, kai and luna, then the youngest, bella.

scorpius and scarlette were more like twins as well, they got on like a house on fire, which i was thankful for.

they were such a great help with the younger ones.

kai and luna insisted that we don't put dracos actual age on his cake, so he is now 938. he could be for all i know, he's barely aged, so could be a vampire.

"scarlette could you get the door please honey?" i ask, hands being completely full, one hand having the cake, the other stopping zander from eating said cake.

she nods and opens it for me, i go in first and sit on the bed, being careful with the lit candles, and tapping him on the shoulder.

"wake up love" i coo, watching him stir awake, his beauty still never fails to shock me.

the youngest three start singing 'happy birthday', loud enough to wake the dead.

scarlette picked up zander, who successfully had a dollop of icing on his finger, "happy birthday baby" i smile, gently pecking his lips, "ew!" kai exclaimed, scrunching up his face.

"oh shut up" draco joked, ruffling his hair, once the kids stopped singing, he blew out the candles.

"what did you wish for?" luna asked, "i can't tell you or it won't come true" he replied, "i reckon he wished for date night with mum, they've been too busy with you little rats" scorp teased.

"hey! that's mean!" zander complained, standing on scorps toe, who pretended to be in pain, "oh no! however will i walk with this injury?".

bella was giggling away in his arms, draco sat up in bed and sighed, "i've struck gold, i have the best family in the whole world" he smiles, wrapping his arm around me and laying his head on my shoulder.

"that was cheesy" i laugh, he rolls his eyes, "back me up here, i'm truthful at least".

scorpius ended up being dracos double, scarlette looked more like me, just with dracos hair.

zander looked like draco but with my hair, the twins were also dracos double, and bella was my double, safe to say who has the stronger genes.

i couldn't have been more happy with how our family turned out, we were so open and comfortable which each other, which is exactly how we wanted it to be.

we wanted the kids to be able to tell us anything without any judgement, and they did.

only recently, scorpius came out to us as gay, which we were more than happy to accept. as long as he was happy, we didn't care who he loved.

as for the company, we still run it, just don't participate in the therapist roles, we've hired and trained people to do that for us.

draco signed a half over to me, so it's both of our business now. which is crazy to think about.

we'd be opening dracos presents later, i was excited for him to see scarlettes present, she's so talented at art, so painted a picture of nova, who passed when she was seven.

——————————-

it's crazy to think about how making a decision can change the path you'll take in life.

when i got the chance to take the job, i could have easily declined it.

if i had, i'd still be with bailey, id be living an unhappy life where i'm forced to please him and his family, all while my mental health plummets into the ground.

id probably have his children, despite not wanting to.

but instead, since i took the job, i'm living the life i could only have dreamed of.

it was like a twisted fairytale i wouldn't have any other way.

i was able to wake up everyday with something to look forward to, even if it was just going on a walk with my family.

ever since knowing draco, i've been able to realise the little things and how important they are, my focus isn't on how much he spends on a holiday for the both of us while the kids stay with their gran, my focus is on how he still manages to make me feel flustered just by saying i look pretty.

the small things that seem irrelevant are the things that keep you going. the small things are the things that make the big things happen.

and as for draco and i, i'm more than an assistant now, and he's more than a boss, and that's the most important small thing.

the end.

word count- 915

a/n-

thank you for coming along on this journey with me!

my next book, positive consequences is out, and i will update it as often as i can!

ending a book always hurts, but i know it's at the right point.

that's two now, rekindled and a sex therapists assistant,

for the last time here,
lots of love,

molly xoxo