𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱-

y/n-

my maternity leave had begun a good while ago now, but draco was still working because i told him to, saying i'd be fine.

my bump was fucking huge, blocking almost everything i did.

i was spending my time decorating the babies nursery, we decided on a mixture of light grey and green shades, along with a few neutral colours.

i rinse out the paint brush so i could change the colour, i wipe off the excess and sit down in the chair for a second.

any amount of time i spent off my feet made me exhausted, i was so ready to have the baby, ease my back pain away.

draco was constantly messaging me, my phone was pinging every few minutes, he was really concerned that i could go into early labour without him being there with me.

the doorbell rang and i grunt as i stood up, placing my hand on my back for support as i headed down the stairs.

i open up the door to see the postman delivering our baby boys crib, i sign for the parcel and drag it into the house.

my eyes flicker down to the box, there was no chance i could get that up the stairs on my own.

the thing i hated most about pregnancy was that i was overly emotional about every little thing, and this was one of the cases.

i sit down on the stairs and start crying, "this is so stupid" i mutter, putting my face in my hands.

my phone started ringing, so i pulled it out of my pocket and answered it, only because it was draco.

"what's wrong my love? i checked the cameras.. why are you crying?" he asked, i sniff and wipe my tears, "i can't get the box with the crib in it upstairs" i cry.

i hear him sighing, "baby don't worry about that, i can get it when i'm home" he said, my lip quivers, "you've been doing everything for me though!" i exclaim.

"y/n darling, you're about to burst, you need to relax" he says, i sigh and look down at my stomach, "it isn't fair, why am i getting so sore" i pout, "you're handling it all amazingly though my love" he replied.

"and i know i keep saying this, but soon we're going to have a baby boy running around, that'll make it all worth it" he added on, i nod and stand up, wincing at the pain in my back.

"you'd think i'd be having triplets with how big my stomach is" i joked, he chuckled, "he's a big boy" he said, just as he said it, the baby kicked, as if he heard his dad somehow.

"i just want to sleep all day" i groan, "you can angel, go back upstairs if you'd like to and sleep" he says, i turn to look at the box, "it's near enough blocking the door, you wouldn't be able to get in" i say.

"baby please don't worry, i can go back in the back door" he assures, i sigh and put the phone down on the electric box and try push the box out of the way of the door.

i yell out at a sharp pain in my lower back, "fuck me oh my god!" i exclaim, rubbing my sore back, picking the phone back up.

"baby i'm coming home, i'm cancelling the appointments, you need me more than they do right now" he said, i could hear the movement in the back.