Chapter 45

Knox's p.o.v:

Baby you need to go and relax, I don't want you to tire yourself out before our friends arrive for dinner. You know I can do the cooking by myself Nate said while helping me to prepare dinner.

But I want to stay here with you I said hugging him from behind and laying my head on his back.

Okay, how about you sit on the island. You know you are pregnant, I don't want you to stress yourself he said as he placed me on the kitchen island.

He is such a strong guy to be able tocarry me with my big belly. I am so lucky, he has been treating me as nothing short of a queen.

I watched him looking cute as he went around the kitchen cooking different meals happily.

I have come to understand that kitchen is his happy place and cooking is one of his fun activities.

By the time he was done and putting other things in the oven, we left the kitchen so we can get ready.

After bathing, drying my hair and doing a little makeup, I looked for a free gown to wear cause I can't afford to be uncomfortable through out dinner tonight.

When we got down stairs, we started arranging the dishes on the dinning table as we brought out the roasted chicken and veggies, there is also shrimp salad that Steve loves so much even though his wife is allergic to seafood.

Yeah Steve and Harley got married at the courthouse last month when I was four months pregnant. Harley decided to do it early cause she's scared I might get too heavy and won't be able to attend. So we did it last month and I am so glad I was present cause I love how in love they are.

There is also chicken pot pie that Lisa and Allen loves especially when it's made by Nate.

We also have cheese cake and raspberry pie and we also have spaghetti and meatballs, so basically we have a little of what everybody loves.

Nate is not selective, he eats anything and so do I but I have been having weird cravings lately so my taste is changing but it's just because of the baby.

By the time we were done putting the table together, Allen came in as usual without knocking but I don't mind cause I love him so much. He is such a darling and he loves Nate and so does Nate.

All I want is for him to be happy and in a relationship cause I honestly think he deserves the best and that's exactly why Nate and I are thinking of match making him with Lisa cause she broke up with Melvin about two months ago, so she's single as fuck.

Hey buddy he said doing their signature handshake with Nate as he came in and dropped his bottle of wine on the table.

Knox darling he said hugging me. Hey baby, your Godfather is here he said as he squat and rubbed my belly while Nate came in to the dinning room and smacked him at the back of his head.

Can't I say hi to the baby anymore Allen said before getting up.

I will get the door Allen said in response to the door bell. Hey guys he said shaking Steve and hugging Harley as they both stepped in with Harley looking so beautiful.

I haven't seen her since the wedding cause they went for honeymoon and they just got back like a week ago.

Hey darling, you are looking so beautiful with your big belly she said while hugging me as Nate greeted Steve.

Allen served us wine while we waited for Lisa to arrive as we all made small talks. Allen please get the door I said when the bell rang.

Hey Lisa, welcome. You are looking so gorgeous today Allen said as he welcomed her and they both met us at the dinning room and we all welcomed her.

Nathan's p.o.v:

Do you know that Allen is taking Lisa out on a date tomorrow Knox asked as she got out of the bathroom.

Yes he told me, he was even asking me for date ideas but I told him to just do anything that feels right I said as I stood up and help Knox dry her hair.

I am glad to see that our plan is working, I think they will be good for each other she smiling at me through the mirror.

You are right, they are good for each other plus Allen is a great guy. I am sure he will treat her well, so you have nothing to worry about and I am sure she will take care of him too so I think the ship will definitely sail.

Enough about them, today is Friday and you are not going to work tomorrow. What then should we do she asked coming over to the bed.

How about you dress up and we can go to the club, it's been too long I said smiling.

No I can't, I am so fat and my stomach is so huge. Nothing fits me anymore and I don't even look attractive in anyway plus the last thing I want to do is embarrass you by looking fat and ugly beside you in public she said as tears dropped from her eyes feeling insecure.

Come on love, why would you say that... You are perfect the way you are, you are not even fat. Yes your belly is big but you are looking as beautiful as always and even more flawless with this pregnancy.

You are one of the most beautiful and sexy pregnant woman I know so don't you ever say that again and I can never be embarrassed of you because you are my pride I said kissing her and making her smile.

Thanks baby, I know you are just saying that to make me feel good and I appreciate you. I love you she said smiling.

I love you so much and I didn't say all that just so you can feel good, I said them because that's the truth. So now I want you to get up and get dressed cause I want to take you out and show you off to anyone that cares to see my beautiful pregnant fiancee I said as I helped her out of bed.

She sat back on the vanity as she did her makeup and let her hair down and then she wore a sleeveless maternity body con gray dress and came to me.

Am I looking okay like this, can I go like this or should I change she asked shyly

Of course baby, you are looking so beautiful and very sexy that all I want to do is peel out your clothing and take you right here and right now but I won't, I will control myself for now till when we get back only because I want to treat you tonight I said as I hurriedly dressed up and took her by the hand as we went down stairs and out of the house to the car before heading to the club.

The whole clubbing experience was so fun and we enjoyed every bit of it, it's been so long we had time to relax and go out to have fun like this and by the time we returned home, Knox was already tired.

She just managed to have her bath and change into her night gown before getting into bed, been pregnant isn't easy.

After bathing and wearing just my PJ trousers, I got into bed and decided to give her a foot massage. Her legs were swollen due to all the standing and dancing at the club.

Before I could finish with the massage, she was already fast asleep. I didn't waste time in joining her as I am a little tired too.

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas guys.

It's so painful that Nate's and Knox's story is coming to an end with like 2 chapters to go.

Please pardon any typos, I will edit later when I have the time and please don't forget to vote and comment.

Much love 😘😘