Chapter 12

Knox's p.o.v:

There was this time a drunk client almost raped Harley, it was so crazy and scary. She was lucky she got hold of a flower vase that she used on him and ran away. She was so traumatized that she didn't work for more than a month before I was able to convince her to go back to work.

Or is it those periods were the clients will kiss us by force and blame it on alcohol while others just don't care.

Bottom line is that it's a pretty dangerous job and if I have to recount all our crazy experiences, it will take me forever...Some even call us names and say we are just corporate strumpets. The truth is I have my reasons for doing this job in the first place, so I won't let anyone frustrate me out of it till I am ready.

Back to the charity event we are getting ready for, Chris will be here soon to pick us up. Lucky for us we are almost ready... I am dressed in a black stone work, off shoulder V-neck dress that fits my body all the way to my knees and flows to the ground freely. My hair is packed up and I have on a little makeup to finish the look.

While Harley is wearing a beaded embroidered French lace wine dress and I must say she's looking very pretty

Chris is already here with his boyfriend Josh, both looking very good in their suits

Chris is already here with his boyfriend Josh, both looking very good in their suits. I sat at the front seat with Chris while Harley was at the back with Josh, it didn't take us long to arrive at the charity event seeing as it took about fifteen minutes.

The moment we stepped out of the car, I could see some people starring, some whispering and others taking pictures. Chris led us quickly to a table with his name on it and we sat and got comfortable.

Hey son, I didn't know you were coming with someone... You should have told me, I brought Margaret over so I can introduce you guys and she even came with a friend for Josh.

Not now mum, I already told you to stop trying to match make me... I am fine plus I can get my own lady, please stop. This is Sarah my girlfriend and before you ask, we have agreed to take things slow so stop pressuring me.

Fine I get it, no more parading of ladies to you but don't take too much time. Nice to meet you Sarah, I will like for you to come for lunch or dinner at my place soon so we can get to know each other she said before going back to her table. The rest of the evening went by uneventful and before I knew it, we were back home.

Here I am on Thursday morning, lazily dressing up to go and see Silas's mom at the hospital (the probono guy). He won't be picking me up cause I told him to wait for me at the hospital so I can meet up with him in his moms room, that way it will be more realistic. After dressing up, I left for the hospital but not before branching at a flower shop where I already ordered a bunch of tulips. Silas told me its her best flower.

I went to the room the moment I got to the hospital, hey Knox you are here Silas said while hugging and pecking my cheeks and I could already see his mom smiling from where she lay on the bed.

Good day ma'am I said while approaching her bed... I brought you flowers I said while handing them to Silas then I sat by her bed side. She seemed happy to see me and she asked me few questions... I think she's just so happy to know her son has someone he loves.

I spent the whole afternoon with them before they said visiting time was over. Thanks so much Knox, I really appreciate what you did for me today. Don't mention Silas, it's my pleasure. If I have the time sometime next week I will visit again I said before leaving the hospital.

When I got home, Harley was in the kitchen. Hey Knox, how was your day... Food is almost ready, come and join me she said while pulling out dishes to serve the food in.

It was okay but I feel really filthy right now, I need to take my bath and change before joining you I said before heading to my room and making sure not to touch anything on my way.

On Friday morning I started preparing for my outing with Patricia. I put my hair up in a messy bun and I am dressed in a black jeans and a crop top and my LV chain bag.

Harley, I am not sure if I will be back before you will have to prepare for your date with Sam's family... Do you know what to wear I asked whilst sitting on her bed. Not really will you help me pick out something she asked hopefully. Of course that's why I'm here I said as I stood up and started checking her closet.

After about 30 minutes I finally decided on a whitish ash and black gown that has a kind of flair over the shoulder and a bow at the waist and it's a little below her knees paired with a black high heel sandals. This will do I said with a smile whilst handing her the combo.

Alright then since you are set, I am off I said as I made my way out of her room

Alright then since you are set, I am off I said as I made my way out of her room. Patricia picked me up and we went to eat then we went to the spa for some massage and facials. It was really fun hanging out with her, we even did a little shopping before we had launch. After eating we went to the cinema and when we finished from there we went to her house, where we had small talks and exchanged stories and life experience.

In my opinion, I think she's a really nice person and I see no reason why we can't be friends. So I made a mental note to make friends with her and maybe hang out with her once in a while with Harley.

Author's Note:

I appreciate you guys for reading, voting and commenting.

Please pardon any spelling mistakes, much love 😘😘