Chapter 44

Knox's p.o.v:

You mean for the past four days she hasn't been eating, is she trying to kill herself or what. What the fuck is wrong with her, I don't want anything easy death for her she said before she barged into where I was locked up.

I see you are trying to kill yourself before the stipulated time she said while standing in front of me.

That's going to be the end result of all this right so I am just helping you make it fast I said standing up and looking her in the eye. I can't let her see any form of weakness.

Yes that's the end result for you but not before my wedding day with Nate she said with an evil smirk.

Oh yeah, you must be out of your mind and also dumb to think my Nate will ever marry you I said as I took a step closer.

Well I was with him yesterday and he assured me of our marriage plans been in progress.

Oh yeah, didn't I warn you not to ever go close to my man I said as I gave her a back hand slap and went closer to her as she stumbled back due to the effect of the slap and quickly rushed her with another slap and another slap on her cheek which is looking kinda red before she ran out of the room.

Her seeing Nate really provoked me and I won't stand for that.

I told you she's a crazy bitch, you should have tied her down. She just attacked me, you better go in there and tie her up she said to the guard outside my room.

I immediately grabbed the chair and stood behind the door to await his arrival. I am sorry I said the moment he got in and I smashed the chair on his head and he collapsed.

I hope he is still alive I thought as I ran out of the room and tried to escape.

When I got out, I saw the second guy leaving the house on Maria's order and after he left, I sneaked behind Maria and held her by her hair and started hitting her with no mercy.

I don't joke with my man, so stay the fuck away from him I said while hitting her as she struggled to get away but I am even stronger when upset.

She tried to defend herself and she was able to hit me too but I am not in pains cause all I can think of is how to get out of here for good.

She started shouting ray, I guess that's the other guys name. The moment he got in, I threw her into his arms and the both of them fell to the ground then I escaped through the back door as they struggled to get back on their feet.

When I got out of the house, I didn't recognize anything  and I didn't know which side to go as everywhere was covered with bush.

I am going to get lost I said as I kept running and I can hear footsteps behind me which only made me run faster. I  need to get out of here, I don't want to return back there I thought as I kept running even as the footsteps got closer.

Baby wait, Knox hold on you are going the wrong way I heard from behind me. That is definitely Nate's voice, I can't mistake his voice and I paused in my track to make sure.

My eyes lit up when I saw him and I ran back into his arms and I can see Allen running behind him. How did you find me I said jumping into his arms, oh Nate I have missed you so much.

We need to get out of here, she will come after us I said a little paranoid.

Relax the police already have her he said wiping my tears, I didn't even know I was crying.

Now that I know she has been arrested and that I am free plus I am with Nate, all the exhaustion came crashing down on me and I suddenly started feeling empty and dizzy. I tried to keep my eyes open but I couldn't control my body parts anymore as my eyes shut down and my legs gave way...

Nathan's p.o.v:

Thanks so much Allen for helping me find Knox, you are absolutely the best. Honestly you are more than a friend, you are family and I happen to be the luckiest man on earth to have you but I honestly can't figure out what I did right to earn a brother like you.

Oh come on, I am the lucky one here and I am blessed to have you as my brother, so stop been emotional and let's focus on Knox recovery Allen said giving me a hug.

The police called and asked if we want to press charges and that when we have the time we should come over to the station.

Oh okay we will there when we are done from the hospital I said as I saw the doctor coming our way.

How is she doctor I asked when he got close enough. She's in the recovery room and she's fine. She was very dehydrated and starved for a while coupled with the pregnancy, she was completely stressed out. It's a miracle the baby is okay but she's on drip right now, everything is under control doctor Mike said.

Did you say she's pregnant I asked looking between the doctor and Allen.

Yes she's pregnant, are you not aware he asked me looking confused.

No doctor Mike, I am not aware and I don't think she is too cause she would have told me if she knew.

Okay then, she's pregnant and she and the baby are both fine. You can see her in about 45 minutes, she will be done with her drip by then and the nurse will call you in doctor Mike said as he left.

Did you hear that Allen, I am going to be a fucking dad I said excitedly.

Yes man, that's such a great news. Congratulations man, I am so happy for you daddy in the making he teased.

Maria is a bitch, she stressed my pregnant fiancee, there is no way she's getting out of it easily I said getting annoyed.

...

You can go in now Mr Grey a nurse said when she got out of Knox recovery room. Allen I will be right back I said as I entered the room and saw Knox laying in bed looking innocently sheen in her hospital gown.

Baby how are you doing now I asked as I sat on the bed beside her and held her hand. I am doing good and I am very happy that I am out of that prison and here with you she said with a weak smile.

It's okay baby, you are safe now. I was so miserable without you and that's why I tried to escape earlier but I wasn't strong enough.

Don't say that baby, you are a very strong lady and you kept our baby safe even without knowing, I am the one that is sorry for not getting to you faster than I did.

Baby?  What baby are you talking about she asked looking confused.

We are pregnant baby I said smiling at her as tears rolled out of her eyes and smiled at the same time.

Are you for real baby, we are having a baby she asked in disbelief. I am so happy to hear that she said as she tried to get up.

Hey relax baby, I am happy too but you have to stay in bed and relax so you can recover quickly I said kissing her head.

What of Maria she asked.

She's at the station, they want to know if we are pressing charges I said.

I think we should just leave her Knox said.

I don't think so, she endangered you and the baby and what if she comes back again even more dangerous. I think it's better she goes to jail for your safety cause that girl is too desperate, I don't want her in our lives I said trying to convince her.

We don't have to send her to jail, we can just make her sign an undertaken to stay away from us and also get a restraining order and I think we will be safe she said.

Alright baby anything you want I said kissing her.