Chapter 17

Nathan's p.o.v:

Okay I am leaving she said interrupting my thoughts. Okay bye, see you some other time I said happy to have my space to myself. Oh no that's not how it's done, you have to walk me to the elevator and hug me in front of anybody that cares to see she said while tugging me from my chair and towards the door.

Fine let's go I said as we were walking side by side with my hand at waist as we walked to the reception where Pamela was sitting with one of my staff from admin and Sara from accounting department.

Are you going out sir Sara asked. No I'm just seeing my fiancee off, any problem I asked with a bored expression. No sir I just need you to sign something she said nervously. Give it to my PA I will check it later.

Okay babe, I have a meeting in five minutes so I will see you later at night I said as I pulled her in for a hug and kissed her cheek, although it was very close to her lips and she immediately tensed up with her cheeks having a light shade of red and she was looking everywhere else but my face. Love you I said as I released her from my grip and lightly pushed her into the opened empty elevator. Love you too she said before the elevator door closed.

When I turned around, the three of them were looking at me. Is there a reason why you guys are standing around doing nothing I asked and walked away without waiting for their response.

That was enough show for one day and with the way she froze, I  guess she wasn't expecting that kiss. Well technically it's not really a kiss but I could tell she was shocked.

She wanted drama and she got it. I know she has this no intimacy policy on her website but I honestly think it's just a ploy to make extra money.

There is absolutely no way all these men she's been going out with haven't kissed and had sex with her. The whole "Girlfriend for hire" stuff is probably just a modernized and classic prostitution site.

What a shame... I hate people that are cheap. In my opinion prostituting is the worst and there is no justification what so ever for that. It's disgusting and she's honestly too intelligent and smart for that, there are different other options she can explore. Anyways that's her fucking problem.

Hey Nate, what's with the whole fiancee rumors going around the office Allen asked the moment he stepped into my office. Allen is my manager and he also likes to play my PA but most importantly he's my best friend, actually he's my only friend.

It's not a rumor she's my fiancee I said with a smirk. Tell that to the birds, they will probably believe you he said before dropping a file on my table. Anyways we can talk about my private life later after the meeting I said standing up and heading to the board room.

After about two long hours of talking, reading proposals and many disagreement we finally concluded and the meeting was postponed to another day.

Allen and I went back to my office, the file I dropped on your table contains the proposal for the new suppliers of toiletries for the new hotel we just launched, together with the payment so that he can start supplying immediately you approve Allen said as I sat down and picked up the file and flipping the pages to read it before signing.

After signing, I handed him the file and I picked up the next file before I was interrupted. So tell me about this new fiancee rumors all over the office he said.

What's there to say, you were the one who showed me the website. Yes I know but what I don't know is how come everybody in the office knows about it he asked whilst I handed him the next file.

Well she said she needs to make an appearance here and convince my workers first that she's my fiancee before she can effectively convince Maxwell Davidson. She said its easier that way and in case he asks my workers for confirmation, my staff will actually have what to say.

In my opinion I will say it's working seeing as you were not there and you already heard the gist. At this rate, the rumor might even get to Maxwell before we meet up on Saturday I said as I signed the last document.

Oh wow it's a very bright idea, I  told you she was good at what she does. When I hired Harley, she was so good and she even confirmed that Knox was better than her at this. Anyways, the strategy is working perfectly cause "you and your fiancee" is the only topic on everyone's lips and the rest of the staff are dying to meet her.

Well that's good for business, I don't just understand why Maxwell base his business dealings on not trusting a person that is not married or at least engaged. For me business dealings should be based on competence and goodwill not on relationship status, It's sucks I said as I picked up the payment slip.

Yeah you are right but I guess he has his reasons Allen said. I guess you're right, anyways let's go out to the club later tonight I said after approving the payment slip for the month. Yeah we should, it's been a while he said while standing up and existing with the files I just worked on.

I rounded up my work, checked my mails and replied to the relevant once before leaving the office for my house to relax for a while before Allen will pick me up.

Allen finally arrived around 9:15pm and we went to "VID 360", that's like the biggest club in town plus we are kind of friends with David the owner but not too close. He is a nice guy but after his wife cheated on him and had a child for his best friend he hasn't been very friendly but I understand him and I try to keep in touch as much as I can.

That's one of the reasons I am not looking forward to getting married or even a relationship. Ladies only knows how to complicate things more than necessary plus they are not trustworthy and it's crazy how you can't satisfy a lady no matter how much you try.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Please pardon any typos or abbreviations, I  will correct them as soon as I can. Much love 😘😘