Chapter 5

Knox's p. o. v:

Later at night I was finally able to drag myself out of bed after a well deserved nap. I went to the bathroom and had a quick shower since I was too tired when I returned from church and didn't take my bath before I fell asleep. When I was done, I wore something comfy and went to the kitchen and brought out the remaining pizza from the fridge and put it in the microwave.

Then I brought out the pitcher of juice before returning to my bedroom to get my MacBook while the pizza was heating up in the microwave... By the time I got back to the kitchen, the Pizza was ready. So I carried the pitcher of juice along side the pizza to the living room.

Just as I was arranging the things on the coffee table, Harley walked in to the living room and plopped on the couch beside me and immediately picked up a piece of pizza while I turned on my MacBook and picked up my pizza as I waited for my laptop to come on.

When the laptop came on, I made a bee line to my "Girlfriend for hire" website and started checking the site for any pending request. I  think we just got lucky Harley, we have just four request for the week I said as I picked up my glass of juice.

Oh yea? That's good news... So what are they about she asked as I clicked on the first client. The first person here has a birthday party to attend and needs a date and... I call dibs on that one Harley shouted and cut me off. Fine I said as I continued scrolling through to see the next client.

The next person here has his birthday coming soon and he doesn't want to spend the day alone, so he needs someone to spend the day with. You can take that one Harley said while chewing loudly in my ears.

This one here needs someone to go with to the club. He is hanging with his friends at the club on Friday and he want to go with someone because he's friends are always teasing him and saying no girl can put up with him because of his workaholic and stock up lifestyle.

And finally, there is this guy wait I mean lady that needs a pretend Lesbian partner to introduce to her dad. That's a strange one, we haven't done lesbians before I said while dropping the laptop on the coffee table. Yeah we haven't and that's why you will be handling that Harley said with a grin as she picked her glass of juice up.

What do you mean by I am handling it, why do you always push difficult stuff to me I asked with a frown. Because all of this was your idea in the first place plus you are the professional here she said as she chuckled.

Oh yeah? Is that what you will say, fine you can go with the club guy. Can you at least connect the printer so I can print out the briefs I said as I picked up the laptop again.

After she connected the printer, I printed out the four briefs and gave her the birthday party guy and the club guy. You better get to work and stop laughing... I see nothing funny here I said as I gave her what I hope is a mean look which only made her laugh even more.

Ignoring her, I picked up my first brief which is for Friday and started going through it. His name is David and he is looking for someone to spend his birthday with for the whole day... He just wants to have fun and avoid a boring birthday. I will not be meeting anyone, it's just the both of us all day. I think it's pretty cool and easy, all I need to do is make the day fun.

The second client is for Saturday, I will be meeting her dad in his house over dinner and according to the brief, she's not gay but she's pretending to be so her dad can deter pestering her to get married. She stated in the brief that she doesn't want to get married for any reason and that she doesn't believe in love. When she was growing up, her parents marriage was very toxic and so unhealthy... That the marriage included verbal abuse and there was hardly a single day of tranquility and when she was 10 years old her parents got a divorce and she stayed with her dad whilst her Mom left without looking back. So with all these and more is the reason she doesn't believe in love or want to ever get married and as such, she wants to introduce a lady to her dad as her partner with Esperance that he wouldn't like her sexual orientation and deter pressuring her into marriage whilst he tries to accept this gay thing.

According to her, my name is Linda and I am an event planner and we met at a charity event 3 months ago. Her name is Ashley, that's pretty much it . It's quite straight forward. After going through the brief I texted Ashley to meet up with me on Wednesday so we can make the final conclusions before meeting her dad on Saturday.

Harley any hitch I asked as I dropped my brief  and picked up my pizza and reclined on the couch. No everything is pretty much straight forward except for the club guy that as a character for me.  His name is Alex and my name will be Susan and I'm a make up artist and that we met at a wedding. The other guys name is Steve and there's nothing new she said as she reclined on the couch after picking up the remote whilst searching for a suitable channel.

Author's Note :

Here is another chapter for you, I hope you all will enjoy it. Please pardon any typos and don't forget to vote and comment 😂

I love to here your opinions or twists you want me to introduce.

Much love 😘 😘