Chapter 2

Knox's p.o.v:

I can already sight his family from here with their elegant outfit as well as their composure as they were situated at a table close to a window that has a nice garden View as we approached their table. The moment we got to the table I wore my best smile as they cast their accusing and scrutinizing gaze on me. Mom, dad meet Natasha my girlfriend... Babe meet my parents Kelvin said evenly as I outstretched my hands to them for a handshake with a grin, "nice to meet you ma'am, nice to meet you sir" I said respectively as they took my hand.

Kelvin then pulled out a chair for me to sit while his parents gaze were constantly on me. When I was sorted I noticed his mums mouth opened like she wanted to say something but she closed it again. So how long have you been with my son, Mr Jones asked? Six months and still counting sir, I answered evenly with a smile. Just as I finished answering the waiter walked and took our orders...No baby you can't have that, it's contains cheese and you are allergic to cheese, how about your best dish "zesty lamb chops with crushed kidney beans" I order. I see you know your man, Mrs Jones noted when the waiter left. That was the point I thought to myself as I smiled to her.

His parents continued asking me so many questions like where we met, what I do, how old i am, about my parents and where they are based, my siblings and many other questions. By the time the meals arrived, his parents have already warmed up to me and we were very chatty with each other, there was no trace of tension and they were both smiling from ear to ear as we ate. At the end of the dinner she was asking when next I will visit her so we can hang out and have girls time.

Oh my God Knox, you are seriously amazing and I am really happy and impressed with how you handled my parents and how the night turned out. Thanks so much, you are the best but we will be seeing each other pretty soon since my mum still wants to meet you. I know you are very busy but do you think you can hold a slot for me for next two weeks, Kelvin appreciated and asked just as he parked in front of my place. Yes Kelvin, I can hold a spot for you plus you don't have to thank me, I am glad I could help and it's my job plus I had a great time tonight. See you soon then I said as I stepped out of his car and entered my apartment.

I went straight to my room as I entered my house... I am so exhausted, I need to take my bath and change into something more comfy. After bathing and changing I came out to my room and met Harley on my bed smiling at me. So tell me, how was it she asked as I sat in front of my vanity. It was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. We need another slot for Kelvin in two weeks time, I have to meet up with his mum again I said as I plopped down beside Harley on the bed.

I'm glad everything went well as usual, you are honestly too good at this things. I think you need a challenging client with something new Harley said with a grin as she rolled over using her elbow as support while facing me. I will like to see that, any new clients I asked.

Yea sure, I have a business dinner tomorrow with a client and you are free till Sunday morning. You are going to church with a client she said as she rolled on her back looking up. Church? Why do I have to go to church and with a client, I have never followed a client to church before, I stated a little shocked. Well he said his parents are pastors and they are trying to match make him with a church member so he told them he has a girlfriend that is Godly and they asked him to bring her to church. I already printed the brief, you can go through all the details later and his contact number too. You can call and get to work tomorrow. Don't forget you need to get a very decent cloth for church she said as she got up and made her way out of my room.

I'm so exhausted but I need to go through the brief of the church client so I can be prepared. So his name is Paul and he has two siblings, Mary and Martha twins actually. His favorite song is million little miracle by elevation worship (great song). I can't deal with this right now too much informations, I will have to continue tomorrow. Sometimes I wish I can avoid all this clients cause it can honestly be exhausting... I need a long break.

Morning Knox, Harley said shaking me and bouncing on my bed. Seriously gal you need to get up and let prepare,  we have a lot to do today she said, while still shaking me. Come on let me sleep a little more I'm so tired.  Knox get up we need to go shopping, you know I have a client for tonight and you need to get a church outfit for tomorrow. I'm sure you didn't finish with the brief last night Harley said while tugging the cover off my body. Okay fine, give me some minutes I will be ready soon but we have to have breakfast first I said to her while walking to the bathroom seeing that she was already dressed.

Author's Note :

There you go guys, I hope you like it. Enjoy 😘 😘