Chapter 9

Knox's p. o. v:

Oh no you won't, you need to take a step back and relax... You need time to make such important decisions. You need to take enough time to think and be sure this is what you really want, so you don't end up making a mistake plus I have a feeling this is just a phase that will soon blow away he said sternly.

But dad you have been the one pressuring me to get married Ashley said. Well that was then, let just say I have changed my mind and it's not up for debate... You are going to take proper time to think about it, which means you are not getting married now and that's final he said as he stood up and left the dinning room without finishing his food.

During the drive home Ashley couldn't stop thanking me for my presence and how the evening turned out. Everything went as planned Knox, I got what I want... No more marriage talks for me in the nearest future because he obviously doesn't approve of my sexual orientation.

Well I am glad I was able to help you with your problem and I am happy you got your desired outcome. Don't hesitate to call me if you need me I said as I pulled her in for a hug before stepping out of the car and heading to my house.

You are home early Harley said as I entered the living room. Yeah everything went well so there was nothing more to do over there... He doesn't approve of her sexual orientation so no more marriage. He thinks this is a phase that will blow away soon so she should take her time I said as I sat on the couch.

Well that's good news then, you see why I said you shouldn't stress over it. You are a natural, everything always works for good Harley said with a grin. Yeah it was just kinda weird since I haven't done anything remotely similar to this but it was fun especially when I saw the horror on his face when she mentioned that she was going to marry me I said in between laugh.

Wow someone looking nice and sexy for her date I said when I entered Harley's room and saw her standing in front of her full length mirror wearing a little black sleeveless dress that is above her knees and her hair was let down. That's hot babe I complimented her as she turned to face me with a beautiful hundred watt smile.

Are you sure I look OK she asked with a little frown

Are you sure I look OK she asked with a little frown. Of course girl, you can never go wrong with a little black dress I said as I moved closer to pat down her hair... He is going to love and adore you I promise, you are a total package so relax everything will be fine.

So what time is Steve picking you up I asked as she smiled at my assuring words. He said 6pm she said as she sat down and started wearing her shoe. Oh ok it's almost 6pm, you ready right I asked? If you take away the nervousness I feel then I can say I am ready she said with a sad smile.

Come on girl, don't be nervous... Just be yourself and I am positive everything will be perfect, moreover he should be the one nervous because you my friend is a rare gem and I am not saying this to flatter you, I'm saying it because it's the truth so relax I said as her mega smile reappeared. Thanks so much boo, what will I ever do without you he asked whilst still smiling. I'm guessing nothing I teased as I followed her to the living room at the sound of the door bell.

Hi Steve, how are you doing I asked whilst I opened the door for him to step in. I'm fine thanks for asking he said as I sat on the couch. Are you ready Harley he asked as he handed her flowers. Yeah thanks for the flowers, I am ready we can go now she said as she gave the flowers to me. Have a nice evening I said as I stood up and shut the door before putting the flowers in a vase and taking it to her room.

Hey Knox, I was so eager to gist you last night when I got back but I didn't want to wake you... You can't imagine how much fun I had last night with Steve. Oh Knox I have maximum fun and such a great time hanging out with Steve she said dreamily as I pushed a plate of freshly made grilled cheese and a flustered of juice to her.

Oh yea? I'm sure you had fun... I can tell from the look on your face, it's almost like you are reliving the moment again I said smiling at her as she blushed.

We even had dinner at the famous "GREY'S" ... wait do you mean the same famous chains of restaurants and hotels. Yes same one we have been dying to visit for the longest time she confirmed.

Now I know why "GREY'S" chains of restaurants and hotels is referred to high-end and has the highest ratings. I must tell you it worth all the bragging. It's very sophisticated and it's worth every penny... No wonder it's very expensive and a lot of people still patronize them. I can't get over the taste of the food or the interior décor, I heard the owner came up with the recipes and personally taught all his chef how to make them. When I saw their menu I almost choked on my spit and I felt out of place and scared that I might break something I can't afford... Honestly I don't even think I can afford anything in that place not to talk of their hotel room she said while laughing.

It's a good thing you coordinated yourself and didn't break something cause we will probably have to work forever trying to pay them I said joining her in the laugh.

Anyways after dinner we went over to his penthouse and we had few more drinks as we chatted. He is a great guy and he knows how to hold an intelligent conversation. Bottom line is that I really like him she said as she took her juice.

Well I'm glad you had fun and enjoyed your date... I'm sure he likes you too but I will like for you to take things slow and let things fall in place naturally. Cause if you rush into something, you will end up rushing out and I wouldn't want that. So take it one step at a time and everything will work out in your favor I said as I packed the plates and put them in the dish washer.

Author's Note:

Thanks so much for your patience guy, so I haven't been posting as frequent as I should but have it in mind that I'm trying.

Anyways that's another chapter for you to enjoy... I can assure you that it will get better so stay with me all the way.

Please don't forget to vote and comment

Much love 😘😘