Chapter 34

Knox's p.o.v:

Wow something smells nice in here Harley said as she came out of her room already dressed. I want to surprise Nate at work with this food... Are you going somewhere?

Yeah I am surprising Steve at his office but with sex not food. Don't get me wrong, food is good and it's a nice surprise but Nate also needs sex, so don't keep him waiting for too long except you want him to cheat Harley said.

Come on, don't be so blunt. I want to give him sex but I am just worried that I am not experienced in that department and I really don't want to disappoint him.

I know what you mean but you should also know that sex is hardly bad for guys, they enjoy it all the time. And he knows you are a virgin so he won't be expecting anything from you rather he will be the one doing everything, don't worry about that it's not that complicated she said with a smile whilst giving me a hug.

Alright let me leave you to your cooking and get going, see you later boo she said as she made her way to the door.

I rounded up my cooking and packed it up as I prepared to leave the house, I  arrived at the hotel pretty quick and headed to the office.

He is in a meeting and I can't leave you here alone, will you go and come back later or are you waiting cause if you are then I will have to wait here with you I heard Allen say as I got to the door.

Hey Knox, good to see you Allen said cheerfully when I entered the office. Good to see you too, where's Nate I asked as I recognized the same face from the hotel launch more than a week ago, that means she's Maria.

He's in a meeting Allen said as I dropped the food on Nate's desk. Why are you here Maria I asked looking at her and I noticed a surprised look at the mention of her name.

I am surprised you know me but I'm here to see Nate cause I gave him a week to think about my proposal and I am here to know his decision.

That's really funny Maria, are you oblivious or plain stupid I asked stepping forward. Oh I see it's a little of both, anyways let me make it more clear to you. Nate will never give you anything out of his shares neither will he marry except of course in your dreams.

So I will advise you to wake up and stop dreaming cause you are just wasting your time. I can assure you that this time around, you will get nothing out of this. I challenged her.

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, I had him once and I can have him again if I want.

Whatever you had with him is in the past and that's exactly where it will remain, right now he is my man and there is nothing you can do to change that. I countered with a smirk.

I Maria will take him from you I assure you she said confidently.

I will like to see you try,  now get out right now I am bored of seeing your face.

You can't throw me out, I need to see Nate she said whilst going to sit on one of the hand chairs.

I see you want to prove stubborn I said as I moved closer to Nate's desk and picked up the office phone then called for security.

"you called for me ma" Moses the security staff said when he entered the office.

Escort Maria out of here I said without taking my eyes off her as I gave the order, the smile on her face faded immediately and was replaced with anger.

I will not leave she said then I turned from her and faced Moses who stood staring at us with wide eyes.

I changed my mind Moses, it's obvious Maria will not be sate with simply being escorted out of her with what is left of her dignity. Throw her out!

How dare you Maria hissed. Mosses I said looking Maria straight in the eye haul her over your shoulders and toss her out on the street.

I'm so furious that my fury has blinded my common sense to the extend that I don't even want to think of what the consequences of my actions could be all I want right now is to get rid of this bitch.

Oh for God sakes, I will see myself out she said when she saw mosses trying to carry out my order.  She crossed the room to where I was standing and said "do not think you have seen the last of me Knox ". "it is the last of this office you have seen Maria " I said calling her name with venom. But not the last of Nate she said.

Even if he's being paid or his life is in danger, he will still not have anything to do with you I can assure you of that cause you're nothing to him. Now get out of here and don't let her come back again Moses I said confidently. The smile on her face faded for good this time as Moses showed her the way.

I can't believe what you just did now, that was great. I'm pretty sure she won't return here again, Nate will be so glad to hear this Allen said.

In the midst of all my anger I forgot he was even here. I'm glad to help anyways I don't think I can wait for Nate, I have something to do. I just wanted to bring you guys food.

Oh okay, I will let him know you where here and I will also tell him what a bad ass you are he said while walking me to the elevator.

I have a client today so I have to return home and prepare, I haven't even decided on what to wear yet.

When I got home, I realized Harley wasn't back yet so I hurried to my room and stripped myself out of what I was wearing and went to the bathroom to have a quick shower. After which I dried my hair and straighten out the curls and did my make up to perfection cause it's a ballroom event so I have to look the part.

After that I checked my closet for something to wear before I later decided on a gown I wore to a ballroom event 6 months ago, I have only worn it once so I think it's okay for the evening.

After dressing up and I was okay with my looks, I headed to the living room to wait for my client. Just as I sat down, Harley arrived.

You are looking so good girl she said sitting on the armchair. Thanks babe, so how was your surprise office sex I teased.

Oh it was so good, great even. We went crazy in the office, he was pleasantly surprised. How's Nate, did he like the food cause it can be really challenging cooking for someone that's really good at cooking like him she said.

Yeah you are right but I didn't even get to see him, he was at a meeting when I got there so I just dropped the food with Allen and left cause I needed to prepare for my client.

I met Maria today and we had an altercation and I ended up asking Moses to throw her out.

Are you serious, that was rough.

Yeah but that's not all, she challenged me that she will take Nate from me. Although I bullshit her, I am a little worried. What if she succeeds, what will I do then.

Come on, don't you ever say a thing like that. Nate that I know is a very decent man and he loves you so much, so I am convinced he will not do anything to intentionally hurt your feelings so don't worry about anything.

If she tries she will only be wasting her time cause she will fail over and over again so relax, everything will be fine she said just as the door bell rang.

That should be your date she said while going to get the door. Have a wonderful evening, see you later she said as I left with my date. I am in no mood for parties but I have to do my job, this is going to be a long night.

Author's Note:

Please pardon any typos, I will edit and correct them as soon as I can.

And please don't forget to vote and comment. Much love 😘😘