Chapter 24

Knox's p.o.v:

Oh yeah, why can't you tell me I teased. Because he is in the best position to tell you about his family plus he doesn't like talking about them and if he finds out that I told you anything, he is going to kill me and I don't want that he said with a smile.

Alright then, I will wait for him to tell me himself. That's an awesome decision he mocked while sticking his tongue out at me.

I'm sorry I have been so selfish, I didn't even ask if you need to go home and work or just to relax a bit he said with a sad smile. It's fine, Harley is taking care of work along side Lisa, so everything is fine don't worry about that.

Okay but if you need to go home and relax or supervise anything, you  can go and I will be here he offered. It's okay, I'm fine and I don't need to go anywhere, it's all good plus you are the one handling the office work. If you ask me, that's a lot of work for one person... So it's fine. Moreover I really don't care about work right now, all I care about is for Nate to wake up.

Yeah that's exactly what I want too. I  should get going, it's getting late and don't forget to have dinner. See you tomorrow he said before dashing out.

After Allen left, I  decided to eat then I took a little stroll within the hospital just to make the digestion process faster seeing as I am always seated. After like 30 minutes, I returned back to the room and sat on the chair holding his hand after checking up on him.

I did my regular night prayer with Nate before I rested my head on the bed close to his hand and hoping to drift into sleep. I tried to sleep but I couldn't so I decided to to stay up and read, which I did all night till early hours of the morning like 4:50am when I kept the book and sat on the bed beside him while staring at him and taking in all his features.

He looks so cute and adorable, he doesn't look as pale as before. He looks so beautiful just like an angel, I didn't realize how close to his face I was until I stroked his cheeks with my hands and touched his chapped lips and I leaned forward and kissed his forehead.

At that moment, I imagined him opening his eyes and catching me in the act. Oh no, that will be so crazy, how in God's name will I explain kissing his forehead and touching his face. What exactly will be my excuse for been so close to him.

I better go back to my chair and hold his hand, that will be easier to explain I thought as I  returned back to my chair and smiling at my behavior. I tried to go back to sleep but seems like sleep is a difficult task tonight but after a while I finally drifted to sleep.

What is this touching my hair or is it who? Then I must be dreaming, there is no way someone is touching my hair since I am here alone with Nate as usual. It's too early for anyone else to be here except I am dreaming of course.

The moment I raised my head from my position on the bed, I immediately froze at the sight in front of me. Yes I have confirmed it, I am dreaming... There is no way this is real. I was frozen in my spot, like all the air has been knocked out of my lungs.

Oh Knox you need to move or say something at least. I  tried to stand up but it's like I was rooted in a spot, my legs were like jelly and inactive. I couldn't move or speak I was completely motionless.

Nathan's p.o.v:

Why do I feel like something or someone is so close to my face, I can fucking feel the persons breath tickling my face then I felt a warm palm on my face followed by a kiss on my fucking head.

A kiss really, there is no way someone is bold enough to touch or kiss me except I am inactive or dead. Am I dead? What's going on, I need to open my eyes and get up. Fuck, my back hurts so bad and it feels sore like I have been laying down for way too long.

I tried to open my eyes and lift my body again but I can't. I tried again and again but it feels like there is a form of weight on me and I can't still open my eyes.

It's almost like I am having sleep paralysis, I do experience sleep paralysis sometimes but this feels different. Like I haven't moved or opened my eyes in a long time, how possible is that?

I relaxed for a while and tried to open my eyes again and this time I finally got it, what a relief.

Is this a hospital? What the fuck am I doing in a hospital? I looked around the room and noticed some machines connected to me then it's clicked and I can vaguely remember I was involved in a fucking accident.

Aside from the machines ,there are also some beautiful flowers in addition to some get well soon cards, although I am not a flower type of guy but it's okay I guess.

Then I noticed a lady resting her head on the bed beside me and holding my hand as she slept. Who is she and why is she here, was she the one that kissed my forehead and stroke my cheeks.

I need to wake her up, I need to know who she is and why she's here. I  used my free hand to stroke her hair,  the texture is so beautiful.

I touched her hair some more cause that's like the only  part of her I can reach using my left hand.

She finally raised her head and I  must say I was shocked to see it was Knox but she was completely shocked and frozen to see me. She was staring at me without moving or talking.

I waved my hands in her face and she finally blinked and without saying a word, she ran out of the room. What the fuck is her problem. Does she not wish for me to get well or what, why the fuck then is she here.

Girls and their dramatic nature, where the hell is Allen... Is he even aware I'm at the hospital? Yeah if Knox is here, then I guess he is aware I am here.

She burst in running in with a doctor and two nurses. The doctor came to me and started asking me questions and checking me here and there. When I looked around Knox was standing at the corner of the room looking at me with a nervous smile.

Doctor Mike, how is he doing Knox asked from her corner in the room. Well as you can see he is doing well, great even. All he needs now is observation and that will be all, he looks fine to me the doctor said before leaving the room with his nurses.

Hey I have already called Allen, he will be here soon she said walking towards my bed and picking up my hand the moment she got close enough.

How long have I been here? Well about 12 days now she said. That's way too long, and how long have you been here I asked curiously? About 8 days now she said shyly while sitting by my bed side and staring at me.

Really 8 days, did Allen pay her to look after me I thought just as the door flew open  and Allen came rushing in.

Good to see you bro Allen said while making his way to my bedside. I will be outside, I want to get coffee... Do you guys need anything Knox suddenly asked. No Knox I am fine he said without sparing her a glance.

Bro did you pay her to look after me I asked immediately she left the room.

No bro, I'm not paying her. She's been here since the fourth day you were here. Like I told you before, that lady is in love with you and she hasn't left your side since then. She hasn't been working, eating much and sleeping properly. She's fucking in love with you plus she confessed it to me herself he said with a grin.

Well I'm impressed but enough about her, how is work? Work is fine but this is no time to discuss work, you need to rest, get well and get out of this hospital first.

Author's Note:

Please pardon any typos or abbreviations. I will edit and correct them when I have the time.

Much love 😘😘