Chapter 23

Knox's p.o.v:

It's been four days now since I started taking care of Nate and Allen has been coming around as usual to support me and so is Harley calling from time to time to make sure I am doing fine. Just like other days, Allen is here this morning before work with breakfast for me and we are currently waiting for doctor Mike to come and check on him.

Hey doctor Mike good morning I said immediately he stepped in with two nurses. Morning Knox, Allen can you guys step outside for a while he said.

Of course Allen said as we made our way out of the room and we stayed at the reception while I was silently praying.

Not too long after Allen went to get us coffee and returned, the doctor and nurses came out after spending almost 35 minutes with Nate.

He is currently at 13 right now which means the impairment to consciousness is minor and he will probably be up any moment, with God's approval of course the doctor said with a smile.

Oh thanks so much doctor, we are very happy to hear that I said happily. It's my pleasure but mostly his willingness to survive he said.

I'm so fucking proud of you man, keep on fighting cause we are waiting for you Allen said to Nate when we returned to the room. It was quite funny seeing him talk to Nate like that.

Allen left early cause he has a meeting this morning so he couldn't stay long. The work load is too much for Allen but there is nothing he can do. After he left I cleaned up and also cleaned Nate up like other days before I had my breakfast.

Hey girl, how are you doing I heard Harley say shutting the door and arranging something on the table beside the bed. I stood up and hugged her then I sat on the bed so she can use the chair. I love see her here so I can have someone to talk to and keep me company.

I'm doing fine, you? I'm fine, just missing you. The house feels so lonely without you she said with a frown. I know right, so how was your weekend with Steve I asked?

Oh Knox, it was so much fun... I had a good time, he knows how to treat a lady. I'm so glad I met him, he is the next best thing since sliced bread and butter she said dreamily. I'm so glad to see you are happy and having a good time with him.

So how's Nate, any news yet she asked. Yeah the doctor told us this morning that he is getting better and that he might get up anytime soon.

Wow I am so glad to hear that cause I miss my best friend and I really want you to be happy and back home. I miss you too so much I can't wait to return home and relax plus I miss my bed I said with a small smile.

So how's work i asked whilst playing with Nate's hand. Work is fine but it's going really slow, there are a lot of clients and seeing as I am the only one I couldn't meet up with all the demands so I have been turning down some of them. I want to be there for them but at the same time I can't divide myself she said with a sigh.

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to help and I know it's too much work load for one person to handle so I was thinking maybe we can employ someone to help you plus we already needed extra hand a while ago. You have a relationship to focus on so you can't be available as much as before so I am thinking we can call that girl you met when you went to that boring dinner with Stanley.

Oh you mean Lisa she asked. Yeah Lisa I think she will be perfect for the job.

Do you think she will be good with it she asked. Well I  think with a little tutorial she will be good plus we will start her up with casual dates which requires no form of expertise.

I guess you're right, she can't possibly go wrong with a casual date. I will give her a call and see if she's interested she said.

Alright since that's out of the way, we can check the website and see what we have. So currently we have 7 clients waiting.

There are two clients here who needs a date, one dinner date and the other is launch date. I think Lisa can handle it, it's nothing out of the ordinary just plain dates. There is also a guy here that needs someone to go to the club with so I think Lisa can also handle it.

The dinner date is Saturday, launch date is Friday and the club is Friday night. We can start her up with these three for now, they require no brain power.

One client wants a date for a charity event and there are two clients that needs dates for business dinner and the last guy needs someone to introduce to his mom during dinner cause she's trying to match make him and he doesn't want that. So that's basically it, nothing too crazy.

The charity event is on Thursday, the two business dinner is Friday and Saturday night respectively. The guy you are meeting his mom is on Sunday in a restaurant. Do you think you can handle everything I asked.

Of course I can she said with a smile. Okay then talk to Lisa and when you conclude with her, send me her size and I will order dresses for her or if you have time, you can just take her to the store and don't forget to print out the briefs when you get home.

Alright then I need to be on my way, I have a lot to do. I brought you a new set of clothes, I will take the old ones and you to take care of yourself too cause you look messy. I am sure you wouldn't want him to wake up and see you looking unattractive, will you?

No I said in a small voice. Good then take care of yourself she said giving me a hug and kissing my forehead before leaving the room.

I decided to order flowers and make the room look good a bit then I went to the hospital store and bought some get well soon cards and I also got coffee before returning to the room. I  arranged the flowers in the room when they delivered it together with the cards I got.

When I finished with the room, I sat on the chair and held his hand as usual then I wonder why I have been here for like four days or so and nobody has come to visit him yet, not even his family.

It's been just me and Allen all the way, is it possible for Allen not to inform his family about his condition. Then I made a mental note to ask Allen when he returns.

Someone looks nice this evening I heard Allen say, I  didn't even realize what time is until I heard his voice. I turned to him with a smile saying, thanks Allen, how was work?

Work was fine, this place looks lovely, did you do all of this he asked gesturing to the flowers and cards. Yes I did, I just wanted the room to look alive and different.

It does look better, thanks so much Knox for everything... You are absolutely the best. I'm so happy I forced Nate to check your website and hire you. You have saved me a lot of stress by been here plus I love the way you love and care for him. There was no way I could have juggled between here and work successfully without one place suffering, I really appreciate you he said with a grin.

It's my pleasure, you don't have to thank me. I am happy to be here. Why has no one come to visit him since I came here, did you forget to inform his family I asked.

I didn't inform anybody but not that I forgot, I just didn't and honestly, you will have to wait for him to be fine. Maybe then he can tell you anything you want to know he said with a shrug.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys are liking the story so far. It's about to get even better, so enjoy.

Please pardon any typos and don't forget to vote and comment.

Much love 😘😘