Chapter 25

Knox's p.o.v:

Harley: Are you serious?

Me: of course

Harley: When was that?

Me: Around 6am and I called Allen immediately. He's with him now, I just excused myself to call you and get coffee.

Harley: Oh girl, I'm so happy for you and I am really glad that all your effort was not in vain. How did you feel when you saw him awake.

Me: Girl I was so shocked and frozen, I was just staring  at him and I didn't know what to do or say until he waved his hand in front of my face before I got my senses and went to call the doctor.

Harley: Oh my, I wish I was there with you.

Me: It's fine, I need to go back inside and make sure everything was real cause it feels like a dream. Take care, love you.

Oh my God, it's so real  I thought the moment I entered and saw Nate and Allen talking about God knows what. I am just so happy to see him talking and making faces  at Allen.

Knox thank God you are back, I need to go back to the office. I'm running late, see you later in the evening as usual Allen said the moment he noticed me in the room.

When he left, I made my way to my usual chair but this time I just sat without holding his hands and I was looking everywhere else but his face.

Hey Knox, thanks so much for looking after me for so many days and letting your job suffer just to be here. You didn't have to but you did anyway, you are such an angel he said and I blushed.

It's nothing, you don't have to thank me. I'm happy to be here with you.

Oh come on, don't be so modest. It's so fucking noble of you to be here taking care me even though we are not that close, we have only seen a couple of times yet here you are in this uncomfortable place with no where to sleep. Let me tell you that Allen already told me all your suffering and how worried you have been. You are such a sweet soul and I really appreciate you, so tell me how can I repay you he asked with is rare smile.

No Nate, you don't have to repay, I didn't do it because I want to get paid. Just get well and leave the hospital so that everything can return to normal, that itself is payment enough I said with a smile and spat on his hand.

How about a date he said suddenly and I looked at him confused with no words. Yes how about I take you out on a date when I am better and out of here, to say thank you but also for us to get to know each other better he said with his famous smirk that I love so much. I have missed that smirk I thought before saying "Yes" louder and faster than necessary.

Okay then he said in between chuckles, I will make arrangements when I am out of here and let you know.

"Food" I suddenly said looking for a distraction. What he asked? Would you like to eat something I asked again. Yeah sure something light. OK be right back I will go and get something, Allen sprinted down here after my call and didn't bring breakfast so I'll just go outside and get something I said before leaving.

Oh my God, I am so pumped. Did Nate just ask me out on a date I said excitedly when I got to the reception. I know it's a thank you date but it's something and it could just be a start to greater things. I need to look super good and I'll wear my best dress or even buy a new one. I can't wait,  I am so happy right now, I love that guy.

I hurried to get his food and return back to the room, we ate quietly and the rest of the day went by in a blur with the nurses coming at interval to check on him and make sure he was OK.

Come on Knox, it's been two days since I woke up and I am doing fine, why won't the doctor discharge me, I am perfectly alright can't you see Nate argued for the umpteenth time, asking me to tell the doctor to let him go.

You already know my stand on that Nate, I am not going to coarse the doctor to discharge you until they think the time is right, so be patient I said scolding him before the door opened revealing Allen. What's going on Allen asked crossing the room to the bed side. Nate is just being a baby pestering me to ask the doctor to discharge him I said taking a sit by his bed so that Allen can have the chair. Just ignore him Knox has the doctor checked on him this morning Allen asked. Not yet,  it's not up to 8am.

Do you guys know how bored I am staying in bed,i am not fucking used to this. My whole back feels sore Nate whined just as the doctor and nurses came in.

The doctor asked him some questions while the nurses checked his vital signs. OK everything is fine so I'll prepare your discharge paper but you will have to return for check up on Tuesday, can I count on you guys to bring him the doctor asked. Yes doc I'll bring him back Allen said. Alright then prepare your things the discharge papers will be ready in 5 minutes the doctor said before exiting the room with the nurses.

Finally he said while sitting up on the bed and trying to change from the hospital gown to the cloth he made Allen bring over in anticipation for his release while I decided to go for the discharge paper just so I can give him privacy.

I will go and collect the part I announced as I made my way out of the room when I returned to the room he was already dressed in a pair of jeans and a v-neck t-shirt, I have never seen him in a casual wear before and he was looking so good in it.  I think he looks good in anything naturally.

Looking different I teased. Good I hope he shot back with a wink and I blushed and turned away.

There you go Allen I said handing him the discharge paper, after giving him the paper I started packing Nate's things and then I hurriedly packed the few things I have here seeing as Nate was already growing impatient.

When I finished packing everything Allen picked up both mine and Nate's bag and made his way out of the room whilst Nate and I followed behind. Wait here whilst I go and bring the car Allen said when we got out of the hospital.

We waited in comfortable silence till Nate spoke. It is so good to be out of that fucking room, it's been so long I felt sunlight or saw anything other than that four walls of the hospital room it's so fucking good to be free he said excitedly while I starred at him amused and before I could say anything Allen was already honking whilst he packed in front to us and waited for us to get in.

After getting our attention, Nate opened the back door for me before going to the front sit. So Knox we will be dropping house off first, you have gone through a lot these past few days and you need to relax and have a break from this grumpy guy Allen said as he started driving out of the hospital. He wasn't that bad but you're right I need me time but if you guys need me for anything do not hesitate to call me.

I hope we don't need you cause you've done more than enough as it is, it will be selfish of us to call you for anything other than fun. I hope we are still on for that date Nate asked turning to face the back sit whilst waiting for my response. Of course we are, I will be waiting for your call when you have settled in and rested well enough I said just as Allen was pulling up at my place.

OK boys have a good weekend and Allen don't let Nate rush back to work and don't forget his Tuesday check up I said while Nate opened the door for me as I stepped out.

Author's Note:

Enjoy guys, and don't forget to vote and comment and please pardon any typos. I will edit and correct them as soon as I have the time.

Much love 😘😘