Chapter 1

Knox's p. o. v:

Standing in front of the mirror, looking at my new outfit for my date tonight. Well it's not really a date, it's a job.  If you must know, I'm a girlfriend, partner, date and anything to anybody who the money... I'm not entirely money conscious, sometimes I do it for free.

It's pretty simple, I have a website called "GIRLFRIEND FOR HIRE" . You go on the site and book me for maybe a date or you might need a pretend girlfriend for a day or even a week for an event or to meet your family or for any other occasion. We meet up so we can discuss basic things that I need to know in order to fit into the role perfectly, it's that simple.

Right now I am preparing for a dinner date with Mr Kelvin Jones. Here is the thing, Kelvin is gay but he's family are not aware. Knowing he's family there is no way they will be okay with the fact he's gay and he's family are already pressuring him with the topic of settling down, honestly he's fine with that but not with a woman. And that's were I come, I need to pretend to be his girlfriend tonight and convince his family that we are in a relationship... He thinks that will buy him time and get them off his back. We are having dinner with them tonight at a fancy restaurant so I need to look the part as much as playing the part. I need to convince them so they can stop match making him with different girls.

I really need to put up a convincing show that we are very much in love to his family so I took time to learn a lot about him and his family. Things like favorite food, color, movie, music, he's siblings names and other important stuff.

I have done a lot of things like this, meetings, families, colleagues, business dinners, dates you name it and as such I am used to it and I don't feel tensed or nervous like I used to when I first started.

Back to my appearance in the mirror, I am wearing an elegant black dinner gown, a long sleeveless black gown with V-neck that shows a little bit of cleavage with a long slit from my mid thigh and I am matching it with a black clutch. The gown has some form of blinks in it, it's pretty cool. I have on a very simple makeup, mascara, blush and light pink lipstick and I let my hair down.

All in all I think I look pretty good and I ready for the night, I'm just waiting for Kelvin to pick me up

All in all I think I look pretty good and I ready for the night, I'm just waiting for Kelvin to pick me up. Some of my rules on my site is that there is no intimacy, I am not a strumpet and as such I don't have sex with my clients. The most I can do is a peck on the lips and even that is on very rare occasions when I really need to convince someone. Usually they are allowed to peck me anywhere else, we can hug and hold hands nothing more.

When I first started "GIRLFRIEND FOR HIRE"  it was pretty easy and I had time to do personal things but as time goes by it became difficult, having to deal with so many clients. I never imagined that there were so many without a partner or even a friend to hang out with. With the more clients I had, I realized I couldn't meet up on my own. So I included my best friend Harley, we stay together and she's my business partner too. It's been better since then and even though I don't have time for myself, it totally worth it to see the smile on their faces knowing you just solved their problems.

You are looking fantastic Harley said when she walked into my room. Are you sure cause I think something is missing I said checking myself out through the mirror. Come on Knox nothing is missing, you are perfect and Kelvin is already here, you need to join him at the living room except you want to be late. Okay okay fine, I'm leaving now see you later boo I said blowing her a kiss while leaving my room.

Hey Kelvin, sorry I kept you waiting... I'm ready now, let go I said with a smile. Oh wow you look so amazing and so gorgeous he said as he stood up smiling at me. Thanks Kel, yea that's my nickname for him of course I have to make it realistic.

Are you nervous kel, you really need to relax and don't worry about anything, everything will go as planned I said noticing how he held the starring tightly while driving us to the restaurant we are meeting his parents. Yea I know, it's just that my parents can be very difficult and I am just worried that they might ask you something you don't know and discover we are not actually dating... Maybe we are not prepared enough, it's not too late to cancel and go back, we can do this another time when we are ready he said nervously.

Hey relax, don't worry I have got everything covered and we are doing it now I said as he pulled up in front of the restaurant. All you need to do is hold me and smile I said as he opened the car door for me  and I looped my arm with his as we walked to the entrance. Let the game begin I said as we stepped into the beautiful and very classy restaurant, this is going to be a long night.

Author's Note :

So guys here is the first chapter, I really hope you guys will find time to read it and hopefully love it.

I don't know my posting plan yet but as soon as I do I will let you know.

Much love 😘 😘